Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dereks M400GTRS-dyno results_MUST SEE

Thumbs up Dereks M400GTRS-dyno results_MUST SEE

Well everyone, we have just completed tuning of Dereks M400GTRS for the 1Lap of America. Currently the car is dynoed out at 454.072 wheel horse power and 434.585 rear wheel torque. These numbers are accurate within 3%. I can verify that there is more power in the tuning for certain however all info we have indicates that the stock gear box will not handle what we have now. I believe this now may be one of the fastest 400 series Nobles anywhere. Check out the dyno chart and spreadsheet numbers. Seth @ Technical Dimensions

Sweeet! Those are some amazing numbers.

PS- you will need excell to view the dyno number spreadsheets and plot graphs. Seth

Quote Originally Posted by cutaway
    Sweeet! Those are some amazing numbers.
    Thanks- we have spent a lot of time, money and R&D to make it happen and no piggy back controllers either-Derek is picking up the car tonight and heading to Chicago for more testing at the northern tracks.

Wow, amazing! Great stuff, congrats to you guys!

What did you use to tune?
    RacePrecision GotApex

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

Nice work Seth. AFR is nice. Im guessing you upgraded the FPR to compliment the larger pump?
    Eloy
    Race Precision, Inc
    7029 Marcelle Street
    Paramount, CA 90723
    www.raceprecision.com

Quote Originally Posted by rollhard
    Nice work Seth. AFR is nice. Im guessing you upgraded the FPR to compliment the larger pump?
    Among other things, yes.
    We still have quite a bit of track testing to do between now and the 1 lap- now that we have the HP we were looking for, hopefully our other mods and finding things that have already broken, the car will be durable enough- there will need to be more durability testing this summer for the 25 Hours at Thunder Hill anyway.
    I have to say though, this couldn't have happened with out a great client like Derek- He has been very patient while we have gone through the R&D process and he has spent a VERY large sum to get to this point, certainly more than he anticipated at the start. If the gear box holds up (Matt Faulks, we would still like the modified unit BTW-please contact us), i think the car should do well.
    Seth

Congratulations Seth and Derek. Perhaps the Forcedfed guys can use your help to get me to the same level. They've already switched me to the same turbos you're using. I think I read from an earlier post from Derek that you went with a Motec ecu. Sorry for my ignorance, but can your tuning be downloaded to another car in a straightforward way? Among other mods, I assume you designed a new exhaust for the car.
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Lotus Elise, SY, SCCA T2 legal.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.

Awesome, what did you guys use to tune it? What boost controller did you use?
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."
    Noble: 05 M12, M400 turbos, RPI water/oil cooling, RPI Exhaust

Dear Tech,
    Well done say I. This is an impressive result and plainly you've not just posted the first best run you've seen, you've done this in a reliable and reproducible fashion. That torque!

I think you are right regarding the durability of the stock box. I am going to get Matt to strengthen mine and I'll have a word with him for you when I next speak to him.

Regards
    Paul C