Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear Clam Adjustment

Default Rear Clam Adjustment

Hi, all. I'm new to the forum and Rossion ownership. Rear bonnet opens just fine but gets hung up on one of the exhaust tips when closing. Wondering if I should adjust the bonnet or the exhaust tip, which is easier/more permanent? Also, how do you adjust the cam in the closure bracket? I have one that needs to come out a few turns and can't seem to figure out how the retaining clip/mount works. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

some people have trimmed the clam to clear the opening if it rubs.

Thanks. So it's not adjustable up and down otherwise?

The exhaust seems to deform slightly on the Rossion with heat cycles and will move in it's location. Mine were perfectly centered but moved over time. You might be able to adjust the exhaust slightly but don't move the clam if it is aligned correctly. Check clam alignment via shut lines on the body and top...should be consistent on both sides. If not you find the adjustments at the lower pivot points on either side.
    The attachment cams ( 4 set screws across the top of the clam go into them) are held in place with a circlip. You remove the circlip from under the bracket using a pick or small screwdriver. If you look at it from the top, you can see a small cut that the end of the circlip sits in when set. Once you pry out the circlip, you can turn the cam up or down with a large screwdriver...just like a nut to your desired level. Once adjusted, re set the circlip and MAKE SURE THE GROOVE ON THE CAM CLICKS INTO THE CIRCLIP. Do this by turning the cam. You can also adjust the entire bracket up or down. Takes some time and tinkering to do it correctly. Hope this helps.

Very helpful, thank you kindly. I'll adjust everything this weekend and report back.

Welcome to the forum and your new car!

+1 on the exhaust deforming. Happened on my car, the prior owner cut and rewelded a tip once it settled to center it in the cutout. Seems fine now.

I also recently saw a car where the tips stuck out farther than on mine.

It is super easy to remove tips if you need to do this. Three bolts and off. You could probably have them cut, shortened 1/2", rewelded and have them back on in a couple hours.

Appreciate the welcome and advice. I'll take a look this weekend and come up with a plan of attack on the tips. Last thing I want to do is start trimming fiberglass. While I've got you -- my car doesn't use a BOV. While I'll probably add one, what's controlling the amount of boost now? I assume it's somewhere in the 14psi range, correct? I bought the eighth Q1 (stored with only 455 miles) and didn't receive any manuals.

YEP those are my extra long exhaust tips esrandl is referencing. When the exhaust is hot the back will catch on close, when the exhaust is cool, not a problem. I will either deal with it or have them refit. For now the tip of my foot with a little downward push takes care of it for a while.

Welcome to hand built cars, they Rock!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsfriends View Post
    Appreciate the welcome and advice. I'll take a look this weekend and come up with a plan of attack on the tips. Last thing I want to do is start trimming fiberglass. While I've got you -- my car doesn't use a BOV. While I'll probably add one, what's controlling the amount of boost now? I assume it's somewhere in the 14psi range, correct? I bought the eighth Q1 (stored with only 455 miles) and didn't receive any manuals.
    Did you purchase the white Q1 that was sold at Barrett Jackson this month? If so, beautiful car! Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Swproturbo View Post
    Did you purchase the white Q1 that was sold at Barrett Jackson this month? If so, beautiful car! Congrats
    I saw that car in the on-deck circle last month too! I was all excited to see it go on the auction block right after the commercial. When they came back, it was gone.
    Robert