Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery recommendations for street use?

Default Battery recommendations for street use?

Have a few more tests to run but it looks like I'm going to need a new battery for the Rossion. Any recommendations? It's been a street car so far but if I ever get the time I may take it for the odd track day. Hopefully something I can obtain locally (SF Bay Area).

Thanks!

- Andrew

Hmmm, no replies.

Anyway, went with a red top Optima. Just required drilling a couple holes to relocate one of the aluminum battery mounts.

a.

Probably a safe choice. My car has a red top, probably the original battery. I've drained it flat by mistake a few times (interior light is my fav way), but it always takes a charge.

Jeff

i am running a Braille Battery with no problems nice and small, less weight

Quote Originally Posted by gafernandez View Post
    i am running a Braille Battery with no problems nice and small, less weight
    How much ( as in weight and $). Picture if available, please. There was an article in last months R&T on lithium batteries. Light but pricey.

Mine came with a Optima deep-cycle marine battery. I likely never would have chosen that style myself, but have grown to appreciate the screw posts for attaching the car's ground and positive leads directly. A pair of stainless wing nuts and washers has worked very well and it's a lot easier to attach than standard lead clamps in the tight space that's available in our Nobles. Like Jeff, I've drained it very low several times and the battery still performs like new. Undoubtedly it's one of the heaviest battery options available, and wouldn't be the right option for serious racing.
    2007 M400, NUS 206

Wilson

" For power, buy the Corvette.
    For weight, buy the Exige.
    For handling, buy the GT3.
    If you are looking for all three, buy the Noble. "

By Godzilla...

Wilson

" For power, buy the Corvette.
    For weight, buy the Exige.
    For handling, buy the GT3.
    If you are looking for all three, buy the Noble. "

By Godzilla...

There were several threads on Braille batteries, relocation and substitutes in the Jan/Feb time frame. Search archives. I am running a B2317 and have relocated to cabin. I had an Optima and getting it out of engine bay made access to motor much easier as well. Also running a Polk amp/subwoofer and so far have had zero problems. I also put in an onboard trickle charger, but forget to hook it up most of the time and still have no issues. These batteries are supposedly made for racing, and they are substantially lighter so you should get a bit of a performance bump just from the weight decrease. Probably offset the amp/subwoofer weight gain in my case, ha, ha!

Still have a brand new, never used lightweight EVO battery and digital charger for sale that I'd love to get off my workbench. Super small -- and both units would fit in the cabin like Esrandl did, or in the stock location, giving more access room. Link: http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...o-Blankets-(2)