Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you find out about the Rossion?

Default How did you find out about the Rossion?

Some of our customers knew about the Noble but like the more modern look of the rossion, so they purchased one.
    Just wondering how and why other owners found their car.
    Factory Noble Software
    Noble M400 SCCA GT-1 Podium 2014

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D
    Noble, Rossion and Lotus Performance
    http://www.turbohoses.com/Nobleperformance.htm

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

Personally, I was just perusing eBay to see what was out there and came across the Noble for the first time. Loved it from first sight. I did about two days of intensive research on the name, car, history, performance, etc and then flew right out to Houston to inspect. Fell in love at first drive.

That cracked block thingy dampened my mood afterward, but the love affair has resumed now that its all sorted (and then some!)
    Meddle not in the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.

I fell in love and had been following the Noble since I read about the M10 prototype in a car mag years ago. My toy rule is that the impact is inconsequential to ones finances and no borrowing allowed.The years past, I could finally afford to blow the bucks and the Rossion was being developed. I decided to wait to see how that shaped up and I liked the idea of a more refined interior, liked the direction the styling was going and some of the other improvements being made.

Then a low miles, used example came available and I jumped on it...

a.

Jake Grainger exposed me to the Noble when he rolled into my drivway with his Noble. I HAD to have one after seeing it, Jake said to take look at the Rossion. The rest is history.
    Steve
    Rossion Q1
    Aston Martin racing green

In short, Randy C

Randy C x2.

I came out of a modified C4 ZR-1 with roll cage and polybushings, lightweight clutch, etc and car became hard to drive on street. Also did several years shifter kart racing. New toy had to BEAT the old toys, plus be more liveable. Looked at F360 (expensive maintenance, perfomance just ok), Aston Martin (easily nicest daily driver, but not a good track car), Lotus Elise/Exige (excellent car, but not such a great commuter car and the Exige was the best performance, but worst to live with). Had known about Nobles, started lurking on forum and found out Rossion had come out. Followed a lot of the newer threads, particularly Randy C's as he did a good job describing the pros/cons of the car. Ended up going to Rossion April '11 and did a side by side comparo with Noble in showroom. I was willing to take just a little bit off the 'edge' Noble has to have the extra creature comforts of a Rossion as I wanted a 'do it all' car. The few missing things (Homelink, cup holder, iPod/video adapter, subwoofer, sound deadener) I have added and I still think it can run with most cars AND drive me to work. I love the Noble, but am glad I drive a Rossion. Purely by coincidence, I also bought Randy C's car.

I think I saw the Noble M12 in a magazine and started researching it. I ended up going to the Boston auto show to look at one in person and loved it. I even went back to MA to test drive the car, but the cost and build process kept me from pulling the trigger. Then the Audi R8 caught my eye while it was being developed. That died quickly when the pricing of the R8 was over $110K.
    By this time the secondary market for built Nobles was active so I chased quite a few leads. Finally I decided to just travel to the source and visited 1G to ask more questions and walked out with a M12 with only 860 miles on it.
    This forum was also a great resource during the buying process because I learned more about the car from owners than I could from the dealers. I do 99% of the work myself, so the network of members has been great when I have questions.
    Anthony R.
    New England

I usually pick up a carryout pizza each weekend. An employee there noticed that I often arrived in unique performance focused cars, so one day he asked if I had a Noble. Like most people at the time (Top Gear and similar shows had less Noble features since it was before M600), I had no idea what a Noble was. I did some research and found out it had amazing performance for the price, and I liked the appearance. I also was a member of Lotustalk forum, which has a good Noble presence due to Randy C, and helped me learn a lot of information in a short time. Getting a Noble and this forum led to learning about the Rossion.

Found mine on Ebay while looking through the "Other makes" section for kit cars in Feb 2012. I watched it not sell at least once then was the high bidder at $50,300.

You got a Rossion for $50,000???!!!!
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.