Thread: Radio reception/antenna

Default Radio reception/antenna

I had a great day with the Noble at Cars and Coffee and then a launch party for new location at True Street Motorsports. The Noble really stole the show and I am getting used to answering many questions & picture requests.

Anyway, I am getting poor stereo reception. Nothing has changed, the car came that way and I am just getting around to it. The sound system works great otherwise (has amp, subwoofer, speakers professional install). Where is the antenna typically located on these cars? I know in some photos I see a small black antenna on the roof above the windshield but mine does not have that.

Any ideas before I take it to a stereo shop?

AFAIK, UK cars have a roof antenna, but mine is in the same neighborhood as the interior fuse box. Behind the carpeted board in the passenger side foot well.

Jeff

Mine is the same as Jeff's. Just a wire running along the transmission tunnel. Yeah, reception is worse than lousy.

I have an antenna located behind the passenger footwell panel and it is raised up as high as the space allows. It gets pretty good reception.
    Anthony R.
    New England

These responses are helpful. I am going to see if my audio guy can figure something out that helps improve the reception. I will post the results.

MY UK car has an amplified antena under the roof lining... its rubbish!

The issue we have is that its a plastic car so doesnt have an effective ground plane.

Ditto on the horrible reception. I ended up buying a head unit that supports BT streaming, and just stream Pandora, which IMHO is better than listening to the broadcast radio anyway.

Anyone know where I can source the roof antenna used on the Euro version? I'm sure this will allow the best reception for our USA cars.

...so today I took the car to the radio shop and they installed an amplified antenna under the dash on the passenger side. The reception is now greatly improved. I could not even listen to the radio before. The part was $25 and the installation was $20. I was also having the radar detector hard wired which may have helped keep the labor cost down. Anyway, a very inexpensive improvement that made a difference on my Noble.