Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber drip tray. For Sale.

I should be in for a LHD carbon tray.
    I had tried buying one from Simon a while back, but he let me know he RHD trays won’t fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo986 View Post
    How many Noble owners are prepared to purchase a carbon fiber drip tray is the real question. Keep in mind that today's prices may not be the same as 8 plus years ago. I ask because I do have a source for them now as well but there would most likely be a minimum startup number before they would begin production. Please let me/us know if you are seriously interested in this so that the folks that may be willing to make them can make a decision as to move forward or not. I will be posting more details as I have them. Today was the first round of discussions so hopefully after I have some solid numbers on interest if any, I can/will provide more complete or solid information and details.
    Thanks
    Count me in. My plastic one is cracked and crap.

#1 please

Those of us who have been here for 8 years or more are chuckling about how many times the subject of carbon drip trays comes up. I'd like something sturdier than the factory part. Carbon would be nice, but not essential. If I ever get a round tuit, I'll patch and reinforce the factory part.
    -------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org

Default Round Tuits

Quote Originally Posted by NobleM400 View Post
    Those of us who have been here for 8 years or more are chuckling about how many times the subject of carbon drip trays comes up. I'd like something sturdier than the factory part. Carbon would be nice, but not essential. If I ever get a round tuit, I'll patch and reinforce the factory part.
    Round Tuits are harder to find than drip trays !!

How is it coming along so far on the drip tray? When do you expect to start selling some?

Name:  CA7A9E9B-B52D-465D-9FC0-BA4BAFA91794.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  544.4 KB

8. Default

asking a very un-vain question.

can I check on the price of a fiberglass drip tray?
    Outside of looks, there is no advantage for carbon-fiber over fiberglass in a non-structural part.

Quote Originally Posted by doug_porsche View Post
    asking a very un-vain question.

can I check on the price of a fiberglass drip tray?
    Outside of looks, there is no advantage for carbon-fiber over fiberglass in a non-structural part.
    well also weight. But correct. However I wouldn’t expect much cost savings as the bulk of the work and materials and thus cost, are in making the mold and consumables involved with making the part

So have made a complete drip tray yet?