Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: See if this gets your pulse rising!

Default See if this gets your pulse rising!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0547&q=lelouch

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE PIGEONS!!

speed through the heart of Paris. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until a DVD release a few years ago.

I have watched that video before; he is a nut to run those red lights and drive the wrong way on the streets! But I really don't think he is going that fast. The camera being that close to the ground gives an illusion of speed and he must have 411 gears in it to make it sound like he is flying. Not to take anything away from the video but I think David Copperfield could out do him. Keep the good videos coming it makes my day!
    Drew
    Monza Red M400 #96 Sold
    2011 S550
    2013 ML 63
    1968 chevy C10
    trophy truck
    Hennessy Viper
    Widebody SL 550

Quote Originally Posted by one lap M400
    I have watched that video before; he is a nut to run those red lights and drive the wrong way on the streets! But I really don't think he is going that fast. The camera being that close to the ground gives an illusion of speed and he must have 411 gears in it to make it sound like he is flying. Not to take anything away from the video but I think David Copperfield could out do him. Keep the good videos coming it makes my day!
    I agree its not as fast as it looks or sounds, the pidgeons have plenty of time to react and the other vehicles and pedestrians are in realtive slow motion. However having said that its a particularly scary bit of film, scary mad and scarily lucky that no one died. I just do not know where you find them.
    Regards
    Paul C

I too have seen it before, but it has been awhile and having been driving the Noble lately, on track and street it gives me a renewed "appreciation" for it. Not THAT fast? Ah, well, a 1978 275 GTB? On 1978 tire technology? Seems GD fn' fast to me. Gives me the heebee geebes watching it again.

Thanks for the link.
    Paul Wilson
    Manager
    Team Cassin

Paul I don't have kids yet so I have plenty of free time to surf the web. One day I will try to keep these video's from my kids so they don't imitate them. Until then DerekFSU and I will tear up the tracks like we will be young forever. I think we are getting close to a great Noble track day at VIR this summer we will let you know soon. Oh yeah I found out last weekend that my mirrors are marked inside U.S. #93. If #93 is out there I think you have my mirrors, don't worry you can keep them.
    Drew
    Monza Red M400 #96 Sold
    2011 S550
    2013 ML 63
    1968 chevy C10
    trophy truck
    Hennessy Viper
    Widebody SL 550

Fast is relative If he knew that there was no problem around every corner it isn't as dramatic. As it is the guy is irresponsible at best and a lunatic at worst But talented.
    Tell me though, who wouldn't want to drive as fast as you can through a city just once? Damn the law and go for it at 5am?

Quote Originally Posted by TrackInstructor
    I too have seen it before, but it has been awhile and having been driving the Noble lately, on track and street it gives me a renewed "appreciation" for it. Not THAT fast? Ah, well, a 1978 275 GTB? On 1978 tire technology? Seems GD fn' fast to me. Gives me the heebee geebes watching it again.

Thanks for the link.
    The V12 is unmistakable, but how did you know the car and time period?

Quote Originally Posted by DrDaKine
    The V12 is unmistakable, but how did you know the car and time period?
    When I went to the link I got this Goggle window and I saw the "all" on the corner.

Attachment 1215
    Paul Wilson
    Manager
    Team Cassin

This is a classic, of course. Someone in my Lotus club managed to get a VHS copy 25 years ago that managed to get viewed at almost every meeting that year .
    In the age of digital data processing, the feat/film is still getting some attention like the analysis described here:
    http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...efox-a&strip=1
    where they attempt to compute the car's speed in different segements of the run.
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

That's pretty good, but I think the "Dark Prince" Paris Ring Road video has him beat. The rider is dead now, but I doubt his record will ever be bettered. Make sure you let the video buffer a while to watch it without stuttering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAFlqix7PxI