Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 East Coast Private Track Event

Absolutely!
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeman View Post
    That must be world class BBQ!
    It had a few of the northerners saying "y'all". The boiled peanuts were not well received though.
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

I'll volunteer for Shirts again. I also have an Autocross guy who drives an S2000 who would like to attend, if we need a few more cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    It had a few of the northerners saying "y'all". The boiled peanuts were not well received though.
    I liked the boiled peanuts. My wife...not so much

Matt, tshirts, YES!!! Friend with S2000, yes!

Ross, Is that a DB9 I see on your avatar? So the California did not win out?

Get this, to upgrade this event over the last event:

I am working on having live timing at the event. If it works out, we will each have a transponder in our cars and our lap times will either be posted on a lap top or printed and posted on a "leader board". I don't know if we will have sector times, but I will try for that if possible.

This will be for informational purposes only and not for racing; we are considered a driver education group and racing is not allowed. With that said, my personal goal will be to break 1:50.
    Last edited by Godzilla; 12-27-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Matt, tshirts, YES!!! Friend with S2000, yes!

Ross, Is that a DB9 I see on your avatar? So the California did not win out?
    No it's a Vantage S. I've had it since May or June.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    No it's a Vantage S. I've had it since May or June.
    Congrats, Ross! That one is the same color as mine was (I loved that car). I remember when you were shopping. Good choice!
    Robert

There is a fairly high chance I will not be able to make this.. I am really bummed

For the rest of you: this is not to be missed. Scott lined up a phenomenal event last year. Matt did a great job with shirts and the cars were awesome. I know others contributed, sorry if I can't remember details. CMP is a really cool track. Reasonable runoff if you spin (there was some of that, ha, ha!) with no close guardrails, ability to see a pretty decent piece of track from viewing area and the track is rewarding from a technical standpoint. It is primarily a race team testing track and club event track. More fun and as safe as Roebling, similar technically to Summit Point (but with better spectator viewing and pit area), much easier on car than places with close guardrails or hard transitions.

There is a fair amount of lap time stuff on CMP out there if you are interested in times. Look up NASA- they apparently run the track often and post various track/class records and event results.

Have fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeman View Post
    Congrats, Ross! That one is the same color as mine was (I loved that car). I remember when you were shopping. Good choice!
    Thanks Robert. I love the color Tungsten Silver! It's a great car! How's the DBS?

Name:  8058338852_d5ac155501_o.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  163.7 KB
    Last edited by Ross; 12-28-2012 at 02:48 PM.