Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil light flickering and on

Yep that's it. The alternator is so close to the wire coming out I think it's touching. I can't see it, I wonder if it has cracked. I'll try a mirror and then follow the wire path to the connector next to the ecu.

Thanks Willy.

Well I followed the wire path and it goes from the sending unit, past the alternator and hangs about one inch from the from header. I actually wrapped this in heat tape along with a thicker wire that is along side it a year ago. The thicker wire goes to a connector that attaches to some type of sending unit that is on the serpentine belt side of the engine. This connector is up high on the block and easy to get to. I don't see how I could get the oil pressure sending unit off without taking the alternator off. I guess I'll just put up with a flicking light. Glad we have a oil PSI gauge.

The sending unit is by the serpentine belt is the crank sensor

My light would flicker even though pressure was good, then I noticed oil coming out of the sending unit and dripping on my exhaust wrap and smoking. It's on the front side of the block just above the base of the dip stick tube. New sensor from the ford dealer and problem fixed. Apparently my sensor had broken internally and was leaking oil out the electrical connection side.