Thread: Replacing Battery in Noble

Default Replacing Battery in Noble

I have a Noble M12 GTO 3R. My battery is near its end of life, such that I only get a few days between charges. The Noble M12 battery is in an awkward location, so I can't see the connections well. To replace the battery, I understand that I'd need to get the car on a lift and go through the bottom. If I remember correctly, there is a compartment that opens open, and one needs to reach around to disconnect the battery. Does anyone have a more detailed description of how to replace the battery?

I'm also looking for recommendations about what battery to use for the replacement. I am most concerned with how many years the new battery lasts and how long I can go between charges. I do not track my car, so I'm not that concerned with weight.

Take the wheel off then remove the plastic cover that sits in front of the wheel.
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

No matter what position you are in, its not the easiest thing to do. I just jacked up one side of the car and replaced it from below. Used a second jack to lift it in and out. I got an optima red top....also wired in a CTEC battery tender that I plug in when I dont drive it much.

I also have an Optima red top, and love it (as much anyone can really love a battery). My mechanic is going to put a kill switch in this winter, so as to completely take away any drain on the battery. It's an extra security measure as well.

Optima Red Top... Borrowed a lift at a friends shop and took the pan off then the battery out... Probably not the fastest way to do it, but you get much better access...

I have an Optima Yellow Top SC34DU. I got it in 2009 and it's still going. I also have a battery tender that keeps it charged when I'm not driving.

FYI, the install manual recommends wrapping the battery in a heat-shield material.

The rossion I just purchased has a braille red top... is that fairly reliable? I have ordered the trickle charger from Rossion (but I am charging it up nightly after work by driving it )

Braille batt's are fantastic! Usually a lighter batter for race cars...so be sure to trickle charge. They are pretty expensive

Quote Originally Posted by goo-goo-gjoob View Post
    I have an Optima Yellow Top SC34DU. I got it in 2009 and it's still going. I also have a battery tender that keeps it charged when I'm not driving.

FYI, the install manual recommends wrapping the battery in a heat-shield material.
    Install manual? How do i obtain one?