Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Q1R specs

Quote Originally Posted by esrandl View Post
    Also: I tore up a perfectly nice car and turned it into a race car. I will never do that again. If you want to race for real: just buy a race car even if it's a spec Miata or a kart. Don't tear up your nice car. It will cost a little more up front, but will be worth it on the back end.
    +1000

It pains me to see a limited production street car torn up for track only duty. Tear up a 911 or a Miata.

Jeff

ADawg,

Unfortunately it cant be retrofitted as the V8 has a different chassis setup in a north south configuration with a Porsche gearbox. The cars dimensions will be the same except some "fat takkies" in the front and rear. (Fat takkies = some serious tread especially in the rear). Its gonna be a handfull!!

Quote Originally Posted by ADawg View Post
    !! Is the v8 something that could be retrofitted?

Announcement will be made this month. I believe its close to Charlotte. They will have the first V6 track purpose built car. It wont be much more heavier than the 4 cylinder. Imagine a 500HP Rossion Q1 that is 300 plus lbs lighter than the stock Q1. Would you believe that the carbon fiber front clamshell weighs but 16lbs (without lights) . I think this car is going to put some serious numbers down at VIR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Ian, what city in North Carolina?

Hi Eric,
    I take it you are back. Happy New Year!

Yes! since you have visited we have made even more significant changes to the track car. we have increased torsional rigidity by 170%, incorporated a different steering rack (without power assist steering). We now use heim joints for the upper control arms (this can be used in Nobles and Rossions) which allow for camber adjustment. We now have a polycarbonate windshield available which can be used on Nobles and Rossions. We have developed an off the shelf Willwood brake system that will allow you to buy brakes parts at significantly lower prices. The carbon fiber body pieces are significantly lighter and we can offer this for Noble front and rear clams too.

Our 4 cylinder prototype track car has been run through its paces and even though it is substantially heavier than the production track car it is incredibly light on brakes. In addition the tune was generated by one of the lead calibrators at Ford and is fantastic to say the least. With bolt on performance upgrades to the 4cylinder Ecoboost drivetrain you could have 400 hp in a 4 cylnder car that weighs under 1900 lbs WET! We will be at the Rossion Noble track event that Willie is hosting in April with this car.

Quote Originally Posted by esrandl View Post

+1.

I did stop by the Rossion/ Mosler shop last spring. Got to take a look at the Q1R four cylinder. Looked like a total bargain if you are thinking local club racing/ track days. IIRC, there are some suspension mods (lots more negative camber which is due to different control arms) that would be difficult to live with on the street, but otherwise it was basically a stripped Q1 with safety mods. For $69k a total bargain IMHO for high end full bodied racing. Parts should be way cheaper than a Porsche, etc. Only issue is if you are into SCCA/etc. you might have class issues (there won't be one). Having said that, I raced a Corvette as "exhibition class" for several years as a PCA member and I probably had more fun than trying to stay perfectly class competative. I just showed up and raced so not having a class is not the end of the world. I believe Grapeman/Robert has the most experience regarding racing a Noble, perhaps he could chime in on costs and classes.

Also: I tore up a perfectly nice car and turned it into a race car. I will never do that again. If you want to race for real: just buy a race car even if it's a spec Miata or a kart. Don't tear up your nice car. It will cost a little more up front, but will be worth it on the back end.

Exciting stuff! So glad to see progress at Rossion. Cannot wait for more details.

6. Default

This is all fantastic news, especially the Charlotte based dealer!! I have some connections here, so let me know!

wow, good stuff !
    Wilson

" For power, buy the Corvette.
    For weight, buy the Exige.
    For handling, buy the GT3.
    If you are looking for all three, buy the Noble. "

By Godzilla...

8. Default

So per the Rossion newsletter, Carolinas Autosports in Concord NC will be a dealer for Rossion. I have met the owner there in the past, Eddie Littlefield, who also owns Lamborghini Carolinas in Greensboro. Good stuff!

http://www.carolinaautosports.com/default.aspx

How about some pictures of the first Rossion Q1R production track car just completed. It has passenger seat, windscreen wipers, glass instead of lexan and front lights. making it a wopping 1865 lbs

Name:  IMG_9243.JPG
Views: 2479
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9241.JPG
Views: 937
Size:  55.4 KB