Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noble M12 GTO 3R, NUS0051

I thought most anti lag systems used extra fuel injectors in the exhaust manifold that injected fuel when you lift off the throttle. It all makes for a great show though!

Yeah, the fancy anti-lag systems might plumb turbo output straight to the exhaust through a solenoid valve. This supply of air plus fuel from an extra injector means lots of combustion in the exhaust system upstream of the turbine. Makes an awful (IMHO) noise, but flames out the tail pipes are kinds cool.

Naturally, when something is deemed cool, a lot of lower tech alternative schemes are dreamed up to create the effect without paying any attention to the original cause of the effect. Kinda like adding carbon fiber trim cuz it looks cool when the original intent of cf was to reduce weight while preserving strength. ;-)

Edit to say that I like the look of cf and understand why guys want to use the pattern as an alternative to finished aluminum or painted trim. No offense intended.

Name:  flame.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  29.6 KB

Jeff
    Last edited by NobleM400; 04-26-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: make my post more clear

Quote Originally Posted by Exigenesis View Post
    Issue 7 Ė Broken engine mount (APR2014)
    While tracing the source of an oil leak, we discovered an engine mount was broken which weíre addressing now. When I had my Exige I changed the mounts to stiffer ones to prevent the engine from wallowing around, I donít know if thereís a similar solution for the Noble platform. If anyone has any suggestions for stiffer replacements Iíd greatly appreciate it.

Upgrade - Replaced all four engine mounts with competition ones (26MAY2014) - 25590 miles

After a couple days, several minor injuries, and multiple beers I've successfully changed out all four engine mounts to competition ones. First off, I'll say the procedure isn't terribly difficult but requires some tools outside your standard Costco 137-piece tool set. Secondarily, the bracket I purchased to replace the broken one didn't fit properly and did not line up the mounting bolt so I re-installed the original one which was only deficient in the flange that attached what appeared to be the front turbo support rod. It may be the engine needed to be slid/rotated the 2-3mm remaining to line up but I had tried that for at least an hour and was out of patience for this project.

I heard a lot of negative comments about competition mounts being too stiff (70 durometer rating) and after driving the car I'm going to politely disagree. The mounts delightfully changed the soundtrack slightly, it has a deeper growl and more mid to low-range mechanical sound in the low-RPMs (my buddy and I say it sounds 1-2/10ths more like the V8 of an M600, that's the best way I can describe it!). The shifting is substantially smoother and more effortless, throttle response feels more immediate and it didn't add any discomfort to my butt or ears in the form of annoying vibration or rattling (unlike my Exige which felt great but turned into a buzzbox when I installed race mounts (85A durometer rating)). IMHO, this is a great upgrade I recommend for anyone who wants a more sorted driving experience without sacrificing ride comfort!

Looks like your car is coming along nicely and i look forward to the progress. Where are you sourcing your valve springs?

Video 1 - Sound Check
    My first attempt at recording a sweet video a few weeks ago (APR2014), GoPro Hero 3, check: external mic, check: mic routed to engine bay between the exhaust tip and rear turbo wastegate actuator for additional awesomesauce, checkedy-check. This is with a Burns lightweight stainless turbo-back exhaust, standard tune, stock mounts. I'll change camera angles in subsequent vids.

6. Default

Says the video is private.

wait gopro makes external mics? I need

Quote Originally Posted by Supercar Sensation View Post
    Says the video is private.
    Sorry! Just changed the setting to public.

Quote Originally Posted by Darbid McYeezy View Post
    wait gopro makes external mics? I need
    This is what I used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It will require an adapter too: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm putting the Noble up for sale, time for something different. 2005 Noble M12 GTO 3R, chassis number 51. 27k miles. Lots of upgrades: Garret T28 turbos, custom intercooler, Burns lightweight dual exhaust, two sets of wheels (stock and DPE GT7s) and two sets of new tires (R888s and Michelin Pilot SS) Motec M84 ECU, tuned by John Reed at PSI. Asking $59,900 OBO, all reasonable offers considered and any interesting trades welcome. Also posted to Lotustalk for all you Lotus enthusiasts. Thanks!
    Name:  9330386575_6fffd46465_h.jpg
Views: 1872
Size:  284.7 KBName:  9333181516_1b8202004a_h.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  325.7 KBName:  IMG_2605_zpsd61107ab.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  95.8 KB
    Last edited by Exigenesis; 12-20-2014 at 09:37 PM.