Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Difflow diffusers

Default Difflow diffusers

A company called Difflow is making a batch of diffusers for the Noble M12/M400. I had them use my OEM one as a prototype, and David (Darbid McYeezy) was kind enough to have them test fit the prototype on his car since he doesn't live too far away from their shop. Production is going to start in a few weeks, and they are going to do a group buy for the first run. I know these are really popular in the Lotus world, hopefully we can get some interest here as well.

Take a look at their website if you want to see the diffusers they make for other cars: http://difflow.com/
    Price is $499 plus shipping

Just a side note: I am not affiliated with the company, just a happy customer. I had one on my Exige too, the build quality was very good.
    IF the Rossion has the same frame and mounting location for the diffuser, then I don't see why this wouldn't fit the Q1 as well. I hadn't thought about Rossion fitment until just now. Hopefully someone can chime in on that.

Update: prototype is installed, looks amazing. The trailing edge is about 1" farther back, but follows the same shape as the stock piece. The fins are parallel to the ground at the same height as the undertray. Onto the pics:

Update 2: Difflow has an updated template for the hole locations that should require no extra drilling, just a direct bolt in affair. Also, the extra clearance gained by only mounting to the bottom of the tube frame means no more burning of the diffuser like the stock one.

Couple pics with the clam open, clears no problem with the extra length:

Last edited by ashanson; 10-23-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Which style of diffuser are they making? More track oriented one hopefully.

Yea, it's a 5 element diffuser, fins are taller than stock at the back edge, parallel to the under tray panel and ground.

I'm in, I'd love to see pictures and when can I buy one? Still have a few track weekends left. Is the company located in Montana, quick shipping for us Colorado guys. Maybe a quick drive up and I'll have it installed.

I had one of their 5 element round diffusers on my Elise. Didn't want the squared off edge ones because they didn't flow with the lines of the car and it had 1" less ground clearance compared to the contoured round ones. Had lunch with the owner when he came out to L.A. and he did toss around the idea of doing a Noble one when he saw my Noble M400... but I never got around to giving him my diffuser as a template. Guess I didn't want to not be able to drive my car for that long.

Hope this works out and I want to see pics because I would be interested in one if it looks good. Hope he engineers in some clearance with the pipes so the bottom edges don't burn or melt like the stock one has a tendency to do.
    Nothing clever to see here!!

Quote Originally Posted by ken7258 View Post
    I'm in, I'd love to see pictures and when can I buy one? Still have a few track weekends left. Is the company located in Montana, quick shipping for us Colorado guys. Maybe a quick drive up and I'll have it installed.
    They were based in Montana, but now the shop is a bit north of Seattle near the border. They said it'll be a few weeks before they are ready. Apparently the powder coating is backed up, I won't even have the prototype for another 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious 86 View Post
    I had one of their 5 element round diffusers on my Elise. Didn't want the squared off edge ones because they didn't flow with the lines of the car and it had 1" less ground clearance compared to the contoured round ones. Had lunch with the owner when he came out to L.A. and he did toss around the idea of doing a Noble one when he saw my Noble M400... but I never got around to giving him my diffuser as a template. Guess I didn't want to not be able to drive my car for that long.

Hope this works out and I want to see pics because I would be interested in one if it looks good. Hope he engineers in some clearance with the pipes so the bottom edges don't burn or melt like the stock one has a tendency to do.
    Yea I had the rounded one as well on the Lotus. This one follows the body lines well, the fins are rounded off at the bottom rear corner. I don't think it reduces ground clearance, but I'll verify once I receive it. As far as exhaust clearance, the stock piece goes up and back around the frame rail, whereas this just mounts to the bottom of the rail, so you get 1/2" clearance right there.

To bad they won't be done. I'll be up in Seattle next weekend.

PM'd. You can have mine, they said it can be ready by end of next week. I don't plan on doing any more track events this year, so I'll just wait for the regular production run.

Can't wait to see the finished product. I bet it will be sweet. I loved my Elise one.
    Nothing clever to see here!!

I am also interested. But would like to see picture and what is the impact to ground clearance too.

I wonder if there is enough interest for Bay Area folks, could we do a consolidated shipment to save on shipping cost, $60 stated online.

thanks,
    Hugh