Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Turbo issue resolved permantly

Looking good So on your list of "to-do's" I would be all over the ABS - is your plan to try to adapt a factory system or use an aftermarket system like the Bosch? Advantages to the Bosch is it is meant for motorsports and tuning - downside is price. Obviously if you were to go to a factory one you would want to get a system that has close weight distro and brake size characteristics to the Rossion - good luck on this getting one from a mid engined car that isn't as expensive as the Bosch unit - or it would have to be re-programmed. Anyway, I have looked into this at a very surface level and don't have an easy solution so I am all ears
    --Calvin

The only real option is the Bosch system at around 10k

If you noticed my order of precedence is the new uprights and hub bearings with sensors for the abs

This is a clean install, I've seen it in person.

My experience with weight- put the weight in the right place and the car handles well.
    My race car weighs in at 2685 lbs., on grid 2783 +/-......heavy.... right!!!! Lap times are 1:32
    at Laguna which is near p1
    times with untested slicks on a 98dg day.
    You need proper gearing and set up-
    not just power.
    Factory Noble Software
    Noble M400 SCCA GT-1 Podium 2014

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D
    Noble, Rossion and Lotus Performance
    http://www.turbohoses.com/Nobleperformance.htm

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

Thanks for the complement means a lot

you are exactly right on the HP balance a reliability is much more important that weight

That's some very impressive work. Looks beautiful

How the car did on the track

Best comment was from Scott Godzilla, car does not feel fast but you know you are flying.
    Dan buckled one of the instructors said ever time you up shift it feels like the turbos kicked instantaneously. There no turbos the torque is that instantaneous.

Everything worked well, had a couple of issues.

dual mode exhaust got so hot it melted the diaphram
    brake wire melted and shorted the brake light fuse
    the tips got so hot they melted the clam bushings

So some minor issues to address:

myself and 4 others drives drove the car and the comment from everyone but myself was it is perfect the way it is. I of course want more

Scott and Dave please chime

I had an opportunity to drive the Rossion V8, and what a car! Completely different feel. Torque immediately available. Longer gears so better for the track. Less overall thrust of power compared to when the turbos kick in on my 500Hp V6 Twin Noble. In my Noble, I can only get into the power for a couple seconds, then I need to shift again. This is not the case with Willy's. You can stay in the gear, and concentrate more on the track. Nice job Willy! The engine compartment looks very factory as well. Very clean, nice install.

Totally different feel from the v6TT. The power is very linear so you don't get the turbo kick. Really, you do kind of feel a turbo kick at every gear change because of the instant torque and then it is smooth after that. I was not doing the car justice because I was driving it with the same habits from my car and the rev bands are so different. In that way my car feels faster but again I would need to change how I was driving Willie's car to get into its capabilities . BTW, my car is not stock power .

A couple of things; I should have put on the 6 point belts in Willie's car, the stock belt had me sliding all over. And Willie has his speedo on backwards, (not the sexy Euro bathing suit) so when I hit the brakes, the needle was going clockwise like I was speeding up and that was a mindbender at 120 mph!

Anyways, the V8 really should be a motor option when Rossion starts building cars again, it is a great package and would probably appeal to more Americans. Think about it, do you want a Ford Taurus or Chevy Corvette engine?
    Last edited by Godzilla; 04-16-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

Thanks for giving us a little write up. It's good to hear from others about how the V8 feels from the seat

well now i am just putting miles on the car to make sure everything is all right, in the mean time I designed a new grill needs painted need feed back

will be adding grills on the two sides
    Attached Images Attached Images