Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front end lift

Default Front end lift

Considering building front end lift, tired of bottoming out every were i go. Looking into what is available out there and not only is it expensive but need to chaing the front end springs to make it work. I am not excited about having to change the front springs.

From my research so far it looks like i can get 1.5 Inches of lift with out modifying the springs.

Do you guys think that is enough lift

I am also thinking of using the power stiring pump for the pressure

Name:  Coilover extended.JPG
Views: 1029
Size:  346.9 KBName:  Coilover.JPG
Views: 1005
Size:  312.0 KB

Yes, 1.5 inches would make a difference!
    How about an air bag with a small reservoir. No pump needed as you could fill the air tank and once filled could transfer from bag to tank etc...

Tried air bag idea but could not find anything small enough. The small reservoir would only work once or would have to be continuously refiled

You guys don't carry blocks of wood around with you everywhere you go? ;-)

This is what the cool kid tuners use: http://kw-suspension.com/us/kw_hls.php

That is a very nice piece but we have to shorten the springs to make it fit. would like to see if i can figure out how to do it with out any modifications to the current ride

After scraping the splitter exiting Cars and Coffee on Saturday, was wondering if there might be a way to simply raise the splitter itself, but that's prolematic. Maybe the clam nose supports could be elevated 1.5 inches with simple light weight mechanical system (levers and cable, or small electric motors). Would need to lock in place when down of course. Clam fasteners might be a problem though.

I like Willy's idea too, but clam nose elevator might be less weight. Gonna have a closer look soon while clam is off for a new expanded aluminum grills. The metal sheet arrived Tuesday.
    2007 M400, NUS 206

with my system we are looking at a total 3 lbs for both sides or 1.5 lbs per corner of unsprung weight per corner

Finalized design for front end lift going out for pricing does anyone have any interest in these. There no changes need to the Coil over or the spring for it to work. The intention is for it to be plug and play. I think it will be less than $3000 complete

Funny, the trade show season is over and I was just about too look at air bags to see if anything would fit.
    1.5" would help.