Thread: Doors!!

Default Doors!!

So I love my Noble and the sun is finally shining in Seattle. The doors are really flimsy on these cars and my passenger door is sagging again. I had it fixed by two different shops since I owned the car. Do others have to keep working on the doors, or should I assume mine has not had a proper fix? The shops did get the factory bulletin. This is really my pet peeve about what is otherwise an outstanding example of a Noble (if I say so myself!).

If anyone had the doors fixed professionally I would like to know what it cost. thx

In my simple way of fixing everything, I just took a padded jack under the door, applied slight pressure, loosened the mounting bolts slightly and then tightened them. Doors have only needed this adjustment a couple times after 5 years of ownership. The price is definitely right!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercar Sensation View Post
    In my simple way of fixing everything, I just took a padded jack under the door, applied slight pressure, loosened the mounting bolts slightly and then tightened them. Doors have only needed this adjustment a couple times after 5 years of ownership. The price is definitely right!
    That sure sounds simple. I think I may try that with a friend. I only have to do the passenger door which is way off and has to be lifted to close smoothly.

If you door continues to sag then I suspect it has cracked internally, this is very common as they are not that well made and are often full of filler from the factory (mine were).... on the inside of the door were the hinges go in there is a metal plate, you might need to reinforce this or regales it back into position.

Of cause you should try try the method above first just in case the garages didn't do the adjustment properly

FWIW, I've had mine almost 6 years and have not needed to adjust the doors.

I found some play in the hinge causing the door to sag, anyone idea where to source the hinges ?