Thread: MBE ECU pins and plugs

Default MBE ECU pins and plugs

Does anyone know what type of plug they are? What type of pins and how to remove them? Where to purchase the pins? Thanks

JeffName:  IMG_20160412_174943.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  373.1 KB

Back in the day I put a lot of effort into sourcing those $#@!ing connectors. I spent the first half of my career as an electronics engineer and so figured I had the resources to figure it out. Wrong. Everything about the MBE ECU is maddening. Just replace it with an ECU that lots of guys can tune. $600 buys a box that has more features than the Noble MBE. Other than a weird resonance at 1800 rpm, our Duratecs are easy to tune.

Of course, if it makes you feel better, you can spend $6000 for a different brand.
    -------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org

I did talk to Willy and might just go for the Ford ECU. Thanks for the input. Confirmed my thoughts about limited support on the MBE.

I just wanted to pass some info on that I found earlier tonight. The only connector I could see and count pins for in this thread is the brown 48 pin connector. Knowing that it looked a lot like a Delphi connector I found this within 5 minutes.

http://ecat.delphi.com/feature?search=13608260

I believe the link above is the connector in question. I don't have the other connector counts or a picture of them, but I would be willing to bet they are Delphis as well and could easily be found on their website. I know that this thread is old but I just thought this data might help somebody in the future.
    --Calvin

Jeff, what box/ecu were you talking about for 600 bucks.

Thanks
    Ken