Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugly rumor in Denver CO about a Noble/Rossion

1. Default Ugly rumor in Denver CO about a Noble/Rossion

Heard, via the grapevine, that there was "A dark colored Noble/Rossion" that had an issue down on South Wadsworth today?

Hope my grapevine is out of calibration.

Is everyone in the Denver Metro area doing well?

Doug
    Purple M12
    Last edited by doug_porsche; 08-19-2016 at 01:28 PM.

2. Default

Good news, the driver was ok.

the bad news, the rossion needs some work.

was it the blue one

4. Default

Yes it was.

Just heard, I hope Calvin is o.k.

Calvin is fine i have been speaking to him about what it is going to take to fix the car

Wow, I didn't even know this was up on the forum - tells you how busy I have been recently Yes, I am fine and the car is not completely fine, but certainly not very bad. If this were a Honda or something it would have been back on the road by now - but we all know that it is not. So with the challenge of availability of parts due to Rossion's status and the custom nature of this car it is going to take a few months to get a spot in a qualified shop, get the parts, and get it all sorted out. Damage is mostly cosmetic, but front clams for Rossion's aren't exactly growing on trees these days. No frame displacement, other than the triangular piece in front of the left front wheel and a couple of control arms are needed. Measurements to location points on the frame are still spot on. Willy and I think we have a strategy worked out.

Thanks for everybody's concern. The one lesson learned I will pass on is that when the car gets back on the road I will be installing a "CG Lock" on the 3-pont belts. With how close the roll bar is to your head and how relatively light the contact was with the left hand side of the car, the seatbelt still had enough slack in it before it locked to allow me to bonk my head pretty good, no concussion but I felt it for a couple of weeks. Had this been a more violent collision a mean head injury could easily have resulted. I don't want to wear 6 point belts all the time so the CG lock is a great solution that will keep me planted in the seat with out the difficulties of a full harness every time I get in and out of the car.

--Calvin

Glad you are ok! Unfortunately even with a 5 or 6 point seat belt system you head will still still move enough to hit you be on the roll bar. Full containment seat and Hans is the only way to prevent serious injury in a real crash.

Or wearing a helmet While it is true that in a serious crash you will still hit the bar, the point I was making is that the seat belt slack can turn a not so serious accident into a serious accident due to a head injury. And, the velocity with which you hit the bar in an accident will be reduced. The part is only $40 and is non-interference so I will just choose to do that as there is no downside.
    --Calvin

Sir,
    I live in Broomfield and am in need of upper and lower front control arms. Where did you have yours fabricated?
    Michael