Thread: Replacing A/C Knob

Default Replacing A/C Knob

I have a M12 GTO 3R. The interior control panel knob that turns on and off the A/C has become loose such that the 3 level selections can be moved to different points in the circle. For example, A/C level 1 might be at 1 o'clock on the circle when I turn on the A/C, then slip to 3 o'clock the next time I turn it. It still functions, but I'd like to replace it now, before it stops functioning. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement A/C knob and how easy it is to install?

2. Default

I ordered the switch off Ebay UK, part number 6422008

reports are that getting the panel off to replace the switch is a bit of a chore.

understatement of year take the seats out, put a foam pad on the floor, enjoy the fight with stupid nuts. alternatively, if you have a 12-13yo son, give him $50 to do it with his much smaller hands...

Quote Originally Posted by doug_porsche View Post
    I ordered the switch off Ebay UK, part number 6422008

reports are that getting the panel off to replace the switch is a bit of a chore.
    Thanks. A search for that part number came up with the Ford fan at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Escor...4AAOSw-itXuc6p . Is this the correct part? It's hard to tell from the angle of the picture.

5. Default

Yep, that is it