Thread: Modifying Noble M12 seats for Anti-Submarine belt

Default Modifying Noble M12 seats for Anti-Submarine belt

Im gearing up to purchase a 6-point harness and install in my Noble--Added safety aside, the 4-point is no longer allowed at our track here in Colorado. Ive considered buying new seats as well as modifying the factory seats I already have. While Im open to both options, my guess is that it will cost a whole lot less to just modify the factory seats.
    So, my questions:
    - If you had your factory seats modified to accommodate the anti-submarine belt, what did it cost? Did it hack up the look of the seat, or was it done well?
    - If you bought new seats, were you able to sell your old ones? What do the factory seats in good condition fetch?

Thanks in advance!

I did my own with a dremel but I have an M400 with removable cushions. I have seen them in M12 seats before, so I know it has been done.
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

Godzilla, how did you decide location on the seat to do the drilling? Do you have specs for where you drilled your holes?

Josh, you are more than welcome to come take measurements off my seats if you wish, since they have the belts in them. For the amount of tracking you are now doing I HIGHLY recommend the Schroth Enduros like I have in the Vette. I know they are $550 but I have to tell you they are far superior in ease of adjustment to the cheaper ones, and I have tried a bunch. Maybe since the Noble seats are a little wider you could get away with something more economical, but with my 14" Kirkey there is no way If you wanted to, you could put the cheaper ones in the passenger side. I am just trying to save you from buying it twice
    --Calvin

Calvin, maybe we can just trade seats, whaddya say?? And maybe just some of your other Rossion interior pieces while were at it...

Ill be out of town until next weekend and will probably not be able to get down your way that weekend that Im back, but your measurements would be very useful. Any chance youd be willing to measure real quick for me? Distance from the anti-sub hole to the back of the seat, and maybe from the hole to the front of the seat as well?

I can provide similar measurement later today for the recaro PP in my race car

ludo, I would appreciate that. The more measurements the better!

Very unscientific, I removed the cushions, sat in the seat and marked the spot as close to my groin as possible to eliminate forward motion while leaving a very small comfort gap.
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

I'll measure mine after I bring down from the lift . . . after the snow is gone in my drive way.

11"1/4 roughly from back cushion to middle of opening, on both the Recaro and the Bimarco