Thread: Rossion Q1R

Default Rossion Q1R

Hello,

A customer just purchased the only Q1R that Rossion built. The car has a lot of issues and, need a fair amount of work to be race ready. The customer is planning on running it in NASA ST-2. This on has the Ford 2.0l EcoBoost crate engine with the Getrag 6spd. The car is really light but not as light as Rossion claimed. If it makes the power and Tq we are expecting it should slot into ST-2 very well.

EB Turbo

Care to share any of the details? ie. curb weight, whp?

I could take a guess, since ST-2 has a hp/lb of 8:1 or greater and Rossion quoted the Q1R to be 1800bs and 323bhp (or roughly 275whp) -- I'd guess the car with driver is actually 2200lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Care to share any of the details? ie. curb weight, whp?

I could take a guess, since ST-2 has a hp/lb of 8:1 or greater and Rossion quoted the Q1R to be 1800bs and 323bhp (or roughly 275whp) -- I'd guess the car with driver is actually 2200lbs?
    Both of those numbers were grossly incorrect. I don't know where they pulled 1800lbs from and the 323bhp must have been from another engine combo. The brochure shows a 4cyl Turbo but that is an early focus Ztec engine with an aftermarket turbo kit. The 2.0l EcoBoost from for makes 250hp and with 93oct fuel 340-350ftlbs of Tq. The car as we received it weighed 1975lbs with a couple of gallons of gas. I think where we will fall with our tire and chassis penalties will be closer to 8.7:1. Which puts us at 250hp and 2175lbs. We should be able to make those numbers work without too much work. If we can it will be a very good ST-2 car.

EB Turbo

I will have it properly scaled/corner weighted, aligned and dumped next week. I will have a good idea of where we will be then.

EB Turbo

Awesome!

I've looked at that car a couple times, as recently as September

I just don't have the free time right now to get back into racing, but am very interested in how things go!!

Keep us informed, sounds like a good blog type post

Best of luck!

There was this blue Q1R also unless it was repainted white.

http://rossioncars.com/news/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhOdK6JtX1s

That'/ 1 good news. Looks like you will be able to ballast the. At to have a great set-up