Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone give me measurements of the airbox?

Default Can anyone give me measurements of the airbox?

I annotated a pic from gafernadez to illustrate the measures I'm looking for. A - H. Also, the airbox looks riveted together... what is it made of? Thx!

Name:  Airbox.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  317.8 KB

Metric or SAE? I have one sitting on the garage floor that I have no idea what to do with

Whatever is easier for ya lol. Beggars can't be choosers

In Inches, I used a tape to measure it and couldn't get the last two since the cover is bolted on

A 7,3/8
    B 10,3/16
    C 16
    D 2,1/2
    E 2,1/2
    F?
    G?
    H 6,13/16

Quote Originally Posted by jc120 View Post
    In Inches, I used a tape to measure it and couldn't get the last two since the cover is bolted on

A 7,3/8
    B 10,3/16
    C 16
    D 2,1/2
    E 2,1/2
    F?
    G?
    H 6,13/16
    Thank you very much for the measurements. Do you know if for C you included that lip on the box?

So, I'm trying to see what options I have to go with better air filtration (motivation of this post gathering info). I hate wet gauze filters... they are messy and don't filter as good as desired either. I'm looking at filters built around Donaldson Powercore media... they have a 99.97% efficiency which is, by a good margin, better than anything else out there. Additionally, their primary market is big turbo diesel engines which pump a lot of air... Because of the design they have dramatically more surface area for filtration, and you can have straight through airflow... this is there graphic
    Name:  volant-donaldson-powercore-flow.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  46.4 KB

Powercore on the left, typical pleated filter on the right. You can see how literally almost the entire space the powercore filter occupies is filtering. They have hundreds of different sizes and shapes of these filters so it should be just a matter of sorting out to find the right filter.
    Name:  c937812s-960.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  182.8 KB

I'm looking to use one something like this to provide straight through filtration between each duct pipe and turbo intake pipe. Thoughts?
    Name:  61518.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  14.3 KB

I'd love to use a different type of filter, one that doesn't need oiling and is a little smaller. Any ideas.

Thanks

I'm sure that one of the ready-made powercore ones will fit in the existing airbox. I'll let you know once I've got a solution put together. These are dry and much more compact than equiv. pleated filters

Quote Originally Posted by ken7258 View Post
    I'd love to use a different type of filter, one that doesn't need oiling and is a little smaller. Any ideas.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ken7258 View Post

Thanks
    Ken/Jon

You have non-factory filters on your car. Seemed longer by about a third than mine and Josh's factory setup.

With filter area, bigger is usually better! Oil coated filters are generally good filters (especially when exposed to weather like ours potentially are)
    Here is a random site that seems to offer choices http://www.spectreperformance.com/ca...lamp-on-cone-4

Doug