Thread: Help with my first Noble purchase!

Default Help with my first Noble purchase!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase my first Noble. I have always loved these cars and am starting to consider one. I originally was looking at Ferrari 360s but my buddy told me that Nobles were in my price range.

What advice do you have and what should I look for? Any major problems? Also where should I look to buy one? Seems like there are not many around.

Thanks!

Mileage - In normal cars, low mileage is good. In a Noble, some mileage means the car has likely been sorted. Look for ones with some mileage. Even cars that have come out of highly recommended shops, it takes a little bit of time for the cars to let you know what isn't working anymore.

Major Problems - None, really. The most notable issues are: fuel pump wiring, alternator issues (mostly due to low use), and wheel bearings/hubs. but even then, most of that is pretty minor. Just have your AAA membership in order for their free tows.

Where to look - Here. This site is usually the best place to find for sale posts. People often find a car for sale then post it up. I spent something like three years to find one, half of that time was because no one was selling.

The real struggle is, are you mechanically inclined?
    If you are comfortable pulling an engine, replacing wheel bearings, etc -- then you'll be fine, as the car is VERY simple to work on and doesn't really require any special skills, it's just some parts that can be problematic to source (ie. windshields, body panels, etc).
    If you aren't comfortable with that stuff, you are stuck to sending it to one of the five or six people/shops that works on them. Willy (Gafernadez on here) is highly rated in the midwest/east coast, Turbohoses is the goto for the West coast.

Good luck on your search!

Driven you nailed it but i have windshields in stock now.

Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by DOWORK1 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase my first Noble. I have always loved these cars and am starting to consider one. I originally was looking at Ferrari 360s but my buddy told me that Nobles were in my price range.

What advice do you have and what should I look for? Any major problems? Also where should I look to buy one? Seems like there are not many around.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dweintra View Post
    Where are you located?
    I'm in Cleveland, Ohio. I haven't seen many Nobles around here. Only a Rossion Q1.