Thread: Rear rotor replacement

Default Rear rotor replacement

Recently, I managed to shear off the rear brake pad from its substrate at the track event. The metal pad scratched the rear rotor. Although there is enough material left overall (2.25mm), I don't want to cut the rotor as the outer face is already almost 1mm thinner than the inner one and I'm worried about warping.

I'm trying to source new rear brake rotor but it seems AP discontinued CP4475-134(5)CG8 rotors that are on Rossions. Rossion web store has them "currently unavailable" and they don't answer their phones. Does anybody know where to get them or a suitable replacement?

I have one set of used and may have a source for a couple of new ones

i also have a upgrade replacement

Ok, here's the summary of my research:
    AP Racing, UK (joe.bennett@apracing.co.uk): confirmed the CP4475-134(5)CG8 used on Rossions are still in production and, in fact as of April 2017, they have them in stock. They referred me to their US dealers to get the rotors. Their main US dealers are:
    Stillen, CA (www.stillen.com, 866.250.5542): it took one phone call to locate the part in their system but then they told me it would take 8-12 weeks (!) to get the rotors.
    Raiden Performance, CA (http://www.raidenperformance.com, raidenperformance@gmail.com, 213.293.8061): Took several days to locate the part. The lead time was 2-3 weeks.
    Essex Parts Services, NC (www.essexparts.com, matthew.volk@essexparts.com, 704.824.6030): Essex focuses on racing applications but they went the extra mile to get me the rotors. Once they located the part, it took them less then a week to get the rotors to their facility and 13 day (including weekend and holidays) to my door.

Willy also has 2-piece setup readily available (I believe). Pricier but lighter and with cheaper replacement rotors. Nice upgrade I'm considering.

For those of you thinking about building custom setup, here are some info on the stock CP4475-134(5):
    Rotor diameter: 330mm (13")
    Rotor thickness: 25.4mm
    Rotor active area width (pad area): 50mm (D46 pads are used)
    Hat offset (wheel mounting face to inner rotor face): 50.8mm (aka 2")
    Emergency brake pad diameter (inner hat diameter): 190mm
    Vane: 36 straight
    Grooves: 8 curved grooves
    Weight: 9kg/20lbs
    Last edited by phun-ky; 04-19-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Excellent info!!!! You rock.

Quote Originally Posted by phun-ky View Post
    Stillen, CA (www.stillen.com, 866.250.5542): it took one phone call to locate the part in their system but then they told me it would take 8-12 weeks (!) to get the rotors.
    I highly discourage anyone from ever ordering from them. Their sales department may honestly be managed by monkeys.

I ordered my caliper seals from here:
    https://www.tmsmotorsport.co.uk/

Well apparently AP Racing shipping department is also ran by primates because these rotors look the same to them!

Name:  IMG_3866.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  512.7 KB

how much did you pay for those

$365 each (plus shipping)

Replaced my rotors with help from Willy...the upgrade options he has are amazing and you won't be hunting for something that might work....His are proven! I went with 2 piece floating and the upgrade is worth every penny.