Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here, AC not working

Default New here, AC not working

Hello folks, I am a new Rossion owner here, car is #56, owned previously in FL and then TX. I thought I had tested everything to be working and then now recently AC button doesn't seem to do anything, the AC compressor is not engaging when the AC button on the dashboard is pressed. Fan works well, so does the heat/cool air temp control. I checked fuse #28 and appears to be fine, I think there is a relay below that fuse but I don't know how to check it, can I pull it out and check it somehow? Not sure if all that is needed is an AC recharge, does the Rossion disable the AC compressor when there is not enough coolant in the AC system? If so, where is the Low pressure coolant valve located on the car? I found a blue valve cap with "H" for high pressure but couldn't locate the Low valve. Thanks in advance! -Wade

I seem to recall (h/t to Willy) the low side valve is located on the driver's side, by the windshield wiper fluid reservoir, and the brake fluid, in that general area. Peer into that access panel and you'll see it.

low side is between the master brake master cylinder and the a/c box under the drip tray

I have the same issue on my Q1. Nothing happens when the AC button is pressed.

Is there supposed to be a light that comes on behind the button? It only lights up when the headlamps are switched on.

Now it's working. Not sure why I couldn't figure it before. Sorry to clutter up this thread with my useless posts

JC120- no problem. We can help with anything, great group of owners here.
    Remember the interior fan must be on for the AC to engage. Also, the AC switch does not light up when pressed. Only comes on with the dash lights.

UPDATE: I removed the caps and borrowed my neighbor's manifold guages to read the pressure, slight hiss when connecting but then, no pressure on the guages. Put in 2 small refrigerant cans. When the compressor finally kicked on, the pressure was 40 (low) and 130 (high), just want to verify if this is normal for those who have done this before. Neighbor helped inject UV dye/oil in case there is a leak somewhere, we can find later. There was a small hiss when we took off the high pressure cap, so I replaced that Schrader valve and it seems to be holding well now. Crossing my fingers. Thanks again!

Here's my findings about AC: The AC won't work (compressor won't engage) if the gas pressure is too low. Mine was leaking at the compressor in the engine bay. It is difficult to see even with the dye and even more difficult to get to the hose to tighten it (which seemed to help in my case).
    The pressure in the system seems to be on the low side in my Rossion as well but the AC works.

After 3 weeks, the AC stopped working. Same symptom, low pressure, compressor won't activate. Dropped to about 50psi (static pressure) on both low and high ports. Inspecting with UV light revealed there was a leak near the compressor, a fitting underneath the compressor had a leak (thanks phun-ky for your input), as well as around the low port schrader piping, these were all glowing with the UV light. My question is, how can I get to the fitting underneath the compressor? Can I remove the rear wheel and the wheel liner? Or have to remove the battery and work from underneath? This seems more difficult. I also noticed, when I was under the car, the small undertray panels in the middle, first/front one and third one are vented towards the rear direction, but the middle one is vented in the forward direction, is this on purpose so that the middle section can scoop in air? It doesn't seem right to me, maybe one of previous owner(s) put that middle section on backwards? Which way do they go? Thanks again, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    My question is, how can I get to the fitting underneath the compressor? Can I remove the rear wheel and the wheel liner? Or have to remove the battery and work from underneath?
    You have more visual referencing underneath and more space if you remove the undertray.

Downside, either option requires removing a ton of screws.

I also noticed, when I was under the car, the small undertray panels in the middle, first/front one and third one are vented towards the rear direction, but the middle one is vented in the forward direction, is this on purpose so that the middle section can scoop in air? It doesn't seem right to me, maybe one of previous owner(s) put that middle section on backwards? Which way do they go? Thanks again, everybody!
    Yep, was to help bring more air into the engine bay. I'm not sure how effective it is though... but, whether or not it correctly installed, it is