Thread: Replacing the throttle cable. Any advice is appreciated

Default Replacing the throttle cable. Any advice is appreciated

So my throttle cable snapped. Luckily it was in my drive way. I've decided to get the lokar cable part number TC-1000HT168. I'd like to confirm that it is the correct part number and will work. I know there are a couple routing options but I plan on routing it the same way as stock. Basically what should I expect when installing. Is it really the correct length and end fittings? Is it really the same length as stock or just close. Is there typical problems people are running into with this cable. Lastly how much do I have to disassemble to get it in. Can you fish it through the tunnnel. Any help is much much appreciated! Thanks

Mine is starting to fray, so I should look into buying one.

But, having disassembled the car a few times, it looks pretty straight forward. I don't believe the cable is attached anywhere in the tunnel, so you should be able to fish it thru.
    You'll have to remove the drip tray under the front clam, but other than that, it's all tiny arms and patience, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by ADawg View Post
    So my throttle cable snapped. Luckily it was in my drive way. I've decided to get the lokar cable part number TC-1000HT168. I'd like to confirm that it is the correct part number and will work. I know there are a couple routing options but I plan on routing it the same way as stock. Basically what should I expect when installing. Is it really the correct length and end fittings? Is it really the same length as stock or just close. Is there typical problems people are running into with this cable. Lastly how much do I have to disassemble to get it in. Can you fish it through the tunnnel. Any help is much much appreciated! Thanks

The shop I use had one made locally and installed it when mine broke. The Lokar was not available at that time. We were able to reduce pedal travel and a custom cable....and it was about the same price if I remember correctly.