Thread: Touch-up and Clean Up Tips

Default Touch-up and Clean Up Tips

Hey Guys -

I just bought Josh's old Noble and am a perfectionist. I want to change modify a few things and have a few questions.

(1) The lower front clam has quite a number of stone ships (including the front lip). Has anyone successfully done the touchups or blends on just the lower portion? I don't want to remove the clear-bra and paint the top surface giving that most damage is very low down.
    (2) The lower front spoiler is chipped up. Have others successfully refinished, or can anyone point me to a replacement piece?
    (3) Car has been tracked and has race-pads, but it will spend more time on the street now (90/10 street / track split) so I want to switch to street pads, anyone have a link?
    (4) Having the underside aluminum panels dirty annoys me. Have others polished/cleaned successful and if so I'm assuming the normal routine of lots of light grit sanding, etc?

The car should arrive tomorrow then I'll gradually go through everything to return it to like-new. I intend on racking up miles on it!

Thanks -
    - Chris

Chris,

I can chime in on a couple of items. First, I have been thrilled with my Carobotec 1521 (street) pads. They are quiet and have little dusting. Excellent braking power as well. Not sure where to find them, since 949racing.com does not list them on their website anymore.
    With regards to the plastic spoiler, my original one easily got chipping and caught on angled driveways and curbing. I decided to remove it and install a generic product called Rhino Lip. Its flexible, tough, cheap, and replaceable. It is not for a perfectionist, however, as you could get an small gap if not installed perfectly. I like the fact that it dips lower than the original spoiler, yet is trouble free. I have attached a pic on my Noble.

Carbotec CT66001521 front, CT66011521 rear.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Congrats on the purchase! I spent a number of hours working on that car with Josh. As far as the brake pads go, he has DS2500's in there if I remember correctly. I run them in my Rossion on the street and they do very well. Every once in a while I get a minor squeek, but they really are not aggressive race pads or anything like that. I also have run them on my S4 which is a daily driver with no issues.
    --Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by calvinlc View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! I spent a number of hours working on that car with Josh. As far as the brake pads go, he has DS2500's in there if I remember correctly. I run them in my Rossion on the street and they do very well. Every once in a while I get a minor squeek, but they really are not aggressive race pads or anything like that. I also have run them on my S4 which is a daily driver with no issues.
    --Calvin
    Yeah - just took receipt of the car! Still running through all my checklists, but need some help on getting some more parts too:

(1) The rear clamshell is missing one of the inner washers (seems to be plastic piece)
    (2) Both Tow Hooks I'd like to get new (any idea on a source?)
    (3) Seem the grill webbing warps easily - any tricks other than pressure to straighten it out?

Will get the knicks/scrapes taken care but it was nervewracking not having seen the car before buying it! I followed Josh on here to see what he encountered while owning it, and while its been driven hard, I think I prefer that to one that hasn't been sorted mechanically yet!

Thanks -
    Chris

I always felt that the factory air splitter was served its purpose best as protection for the front clam. Some people just take it off as it makes it much easier to not scrape anything, but I feel you should keep it on to protect the clam. Not sure about the Rhino Lip but some of the Denver guys (Ken?) have an aftermarket piece which clears the ground by probably an inch or 2 more than the factor piece...

AP Racing still sells factory brakes but I dont know where. Raiden doesnt list them. This thread might be somewhat helpful:
    http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...ads-and-rotors

If youll be 90% street, I think the DS2500s will squeak too much.
    Last edited by jpwden; 06-24-2017 at 01:23 PM.

One other quick question - where can I find the paint code for #44? It appears to be "racing green" per original brochure, but can't find the paint code itself.

- Chris

Tow hooks, I got mine a while back from Jeff and really like them. Don't think there is anymore but you can check. Front and back, no worries now.

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...eferrerid=1667

Name:  IMG_0791.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  532.2 KB