Thread: NUS0096 any advice or detail

Default NUS0096 any advice or detail

I have been reviewing most of the threads I can find both in and outside of this forum about NUS0096. I am set to complete a deal for this Noble. I see Drew was the original owner and then the car move to two other owners to 6000 miles( it now has 13k don't know the others ) - I found it on a small dealers lot in Kansas asking what appeared to be a rather dreaming number. In any case I think I have managed to to make a fair trade offer and cash.

1. In the paperwork is a typed list of upgrades repairs etc on plain white paper - most of the adds seem to be ones Drew did in 06 or so - however there is one entry I can't seem to clear - upgraded Ecu from 975b to 975d - did my checking and I know M400 came out with 975d I think so this my question : does anyone have information on a upgrades ECU to NUS0096?
    2. On the note was track axles and oil pan upgrade along with one turbo replacement - any info on this would be great.

I want to get into some hobby track driving etc as I live in central Indiana and am 30 mins from a road course. Leaving drag racing any help thoughts opinions advice are welcome. Thanks

Are you buying and m400 or M12?

I bought NUS00147 last year and went through the same experience....

The track axles could be two things: 1. The front hub bolts (sometimes referred to as axles) that attach the wheel to the front uprights. This is an important upgrade as the original bolts were simple scaffolding style. These can cost upwards of $900 a set (some cheaper). If you were going to track this car.. you want them. If you post a picture, anyone on this site can tell you what you have. If not... there are heavy duty rear axles that in some cases have been replaced. My bet is that is speaking to the front bolts. I replaced mine... cost me a pretty penny. They are legit though and I don't regret. I had a shimmy in the front when braking from high speed.. it was caused by the stretching of the original bolts (happens to all cheap steel bolts).

Oil pan upgrade.. these cars had a problem with the early oil pans as well as those that were made of aluminum...T they didn't have appropriate baffling and the pan would run dry (ruin the engine) on extreme left hand long running turns. Later models had enhanced pans that helped with this. Assuming that was a new pan or they installed baffling... yes.. this is something you want.... Is the pan black (steel) or is it aluminum(silver)?

on the ECU... the b and d probably reference the mapping version you have.

bottom line... there are 2 guys you need to connect with Willy (gfernandez) on this site and Troy Fralich who is listed as NobleTech on this site. Willy is in Ohio (close to you)... and has been incredible for parts and just general help. Troy has been to St. Louis twice for me... Tuned the car to make it a beast while helping my local shop understand how to help maintain it..

both are incredible resources for you...

Djbsir1 thanks a bunch I still have to review the car in person as I am in mexico for the next two weeks and made this deal based on my return home first of the month. I don't see me not getting it unless there are large issues - I will be coming through STL sometime in the first week of aug with it . It's a M400 reason I am asking about the 975 b ref to upgrade to 975 D-Alfredo with Noble Automotive limited said that the 975b was not for the M400. All M400s were 976D

When I had a Noble I did the switch-over from a 975b to a 975d. You must change the wiring loom for the engine compartment. I used the same tune for both ECUs...

There are two Monza Red Nobles in St. Louis... send me a personal message on the site and we can exchange numbers. If you know the day, we might just be able to meet you in St. Louis. I think the one you are getting is also Red, would make for a great pic!

Will do and yes it is red

Quote Originally Posted by ecohen2 View Post
    When I had a Noble I did the switch-over from a 975b to a 975d. You must change the wiring loom for the engine compartment. I used the same tune for both ECUs...
    The info just said upgrade from 975 B to 975 D which the D was suppose to be in the M400 did u have. Have a M400?