Thread: New option for brakes...with electronic handbrake(that actually works) group buy

Default New option for brakes...with electronic handbrake(that actually works) group buy

Hi all.

Ok i have been looking at options for better brakes, reliable supply of disks and to get rid of the one piece disk/drum on the rear.

This is what i have managed to source.

The below are all custom made for the noble, i supplied my uprights wheels etc. for them for measure.

The prices for you guys is cheaper as you will not have to pay the uk VAT.

The company is OEM supplier to both Radical and Mono and will also be the supplier to Lee Nobles new car so they are a quality brand.

Spec as follows....

Noble M400 Front Kit 380/34mm Monoblock
    2 x 6 piston monoblock 1 piece Calipers
    2 x Curved Vain Rotors
    2 x Bells
    2 x Brackets
    Nut/Bolt pack for Rotor/Bell assembly
    Nut/Bolt pack for Kit Assembly*

Noble M400 Rear Kit 360/32mm
    2 x Calipers 4 piston
    2 x Curved Vain Rotors
    2 x Bells
    2 x Brackets
    Nut/Bolt pack for Rotor Bell assembly
    Nut/Bolt pack for Kit assembly

Electronic Parking Brake Kit (spot caliper, ecu) (pair) & Brackets - 779

I have managed to also arrange a group buy discount that subject to total sales past 3 sets will be 30% discount
    so for a complete set front and rear with electronic handbrake would be
    2,618 +shipping...which i think is a great deal.

Name:  monoblock.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  90.5 KB
    Name:  spot caliper.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  53.4 KB

Their website.
    http://www.hispecrotors.co.uk

Any questions feel free to ask.

I do not know anything about Hispec and the pricing intrigued me so i did one search on Hisped and came up with this page.

You may want to read some of the reviews about them https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyr...ec-brakes.html

A bad review from 2004, and within that there is a guy saying that the Hispec kit for his GTR was great.
    I think you need to take these reviews ( very few from the last few years) with a pinch of salt.
    Radical and Mono agree with me...and lee Noble...but hey a guy with a scooby knows better...
    I have done my research, i have spent a number of hours at the Hispec factory, inspected the calipers, cnc machines etc.
    I have done my homework.
    But hey lets stick with AP racing....the company who have stopped making or supplying disks for the Noble!!!

Hi Alex, maybe you could have said so in the original post. I track my car and I wont put anything that is not well tested on my car. AP Racing may have given up on Noble but they have a solid racing record.

There are many low cost alternatives to AP like Wilwood and many others but my experience is that AP just works.

I have up sized my front and rear rotors with AP rotors and have amazing brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Alex S View Post
    Name:  monoblock.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  90.5 KB
    If this is the actual caliper, then I'll pass. Not having a pad bridge that's removable gives me pause. I don't want to have to remove the caliper from the spindle just to do a brake pad change, especially at 800gbp per caliper.

Has anyone ever looked into Stoptech?

I can attest to Willy's comments... He put together my upsized floating AP setup and they are amazing. 10 days of hard track usage this year including 12 runs at Road America at 150 mph straight speeds... they work and work flawlessly. Limited to no noise on the street as well, despite the Ferodo racing pads that everyone says can/willsqueal. Hats were custom drilled by Willy. Good stuff Willy. Looking forward to getting that Dry Sump system installed