Thread: Gas tank fill-up? Miles?

Default Gas tank fill-up? Miles?

I've wondered why when the gas guage is low, and I fill up the gas tank, it takes only 10 or so gallons.
    Don't these cars have 14 or 15 Gallon gas tank? I drive about 240 miles before each re-fuel. How many of you Rossion owners drive until 300 miles? Or more? What is a safe range before needing to refuel? Thanks.

Noble M12.
    My cars gets about 17 mpg ish.
    I dont know how big the tank is, but I dont like needing to add more than 10 gal.
    I needed to put 11ish gals in once, the gauge read real empty.
    As per https://www.carfolio.com/specificati...car/?car=80157 it says I have a little over 15 gal capacity, so say 13 usable.

Guess I am being overly conservative.

Next tank i will aim for 200 miles between fill up.

Thanks. So, you are saying the Rossion and the Noble has the same capacity fuel tank?
    I guess there is only one way to find out....I will probably drive around with a 2-Gallon fuel container, next time the fuel guage is low. See how far I can go...

I think I read that the gauge is conservative to prevent starvation on tracks. I think it was on the pistonheads forum...

I was trying to determine a decent MPG for a while. Thatís how I stumbled across it (it may help if you go looking for the thread)

Quote Originally Posted by doug_porsche View Post
    Noble M12.
    My cars gets about 17 mpg ish.
    I dont know how big the tank is, but I dont like needing to add more than 10 gal.
    I needed to put 11ish gals in once, the gauge read real empty.
    As per https://www.carfolio.com/specificati...car/?car=80157 it says I have a little over 15 gal capacity, so say 13 usable.

Guess I am being overly conservative.

Next tank i will aim for 200 miles between fill up.
    I'm getting around 22ish mpg (when driving conservatively). The gauge at 1/2 full usually takes about 5.x gallons to fill.

I think the fuel level issue is caused by the tank being taller than it is wide. The rod that the level sender float rides on can't be long enough to reach the bottom of the tank.

-------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org