Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 East Coast Annual Noble/Rossion/Ultima Private Track Rental Day?

the base cost of the event is about $8500 dollars so with no sponsorship we try to cover expenses at 25 cars so it works out to $350 per car

The big issue is guys do not commit till the last minute and we end up having to put up the money and hopping we recover the money later.

If we can get guys to commit early it would be great but they forget that this event is not for profit

Quote Originally Posted by gafernandez View Post
    Does not look like there is much interest for the track event this year or the dragon
    THIS IS NOT TO DIS THE TRACK DAY! But rather than do nothing, we could always just make a weekend for the Tail of the Dragon - say, (arrive Thurs nite) Fri - Sunday? I can lead us there and the Devil's triangle, and multiple other roads in the area, and of course, there are lots of places to eat in the area - we could keep it loose with multiple drives. There should be plenty of places to stay in the Townsend TN area at that time of year (Best Western is nice, and great location and not expensive for instance). There are also plenty of other cars/drivers here (a few McLarens, Vipers, Lambos, Z06s etc. etc.) that will add to the interest. Doing it this way keeps the commitment level to individual (just book your room), with no need to worry about the track issues (don't get me wrong, i love the track, it's just a large hassle to schedule a track at the level of the PCA or Nasa or SCCA...it is probably better to hook up with an existing track day. I will put out feelers for later in the 2018 time frame for available days). This is just an alternative suggestion due to apparent commitment issues...

I will be happy to come up with and organize the drives, print/email schedules and maps, and setup up a few lunches and/or dinners. I live in Townsend, so am spoiled by the beauty and proximity to all the great roads.

Ya'll come on now!
    Last edited by tdcurtner; 01-16-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Tracks Unlimited is doing Barber in March: http://tracksunlimited.net/

As the new owner of Noble 049, I would love to join and meet everyone if the track day comes together. I live on Long Island, NY so obviously from my perspective the closer Northeast the easier for me but Im certainly ready and willing to travel.

Would like to do one at NJMSP in Millville NJ and the next day do the autox in Atlantic City. Would take some planning

Lets get a head count of who is going to the event and willing to put there money were there mouth is

event cost is $6000.00 for the track rental with corner workers and instructors. Catering is about $1250.00
    so the total is 7250.00 if we can get 25 cars it works out to 290/car

right now people showing interest are

1) Super sensation "Dave" Noble
    2)Hunterisgreat "Rossion
    3)Gafernandez "willy" Rossion
    4)SteveCapecod "Steve" Rossion
    5)esrandl "eric" Rossion
    6)Rpielstick Noble
    7)Dave C7 corvette
    8)David JR 74 corvette
    9)Dr P R8 V8
    10)Godzilla "Scott"

The big issue is that once we sign for the date we have to pay

I will pay up to $1000 to help make this happen, Steve will also pay up to $1000 to make it happen

Any body else willing to help take the risk to make this happen.
    Last edited by gafernandez; 01-28-2018 at 05:19 PM.

By the way cooch8c we would like to have the event in our back yard

8. Default

Depending on the date we pick, I am willing to commit $1000. I am sure I can get several attendees from Charlotte if we go forward.

9. Default

Matt from last year with the GT3 RS is also committing to $1000 to make this happen.

Okay, did not think of Matt.

I will call tomorrow and try to get the date locked down, I like April 9.

Dave are you good with that date, Does any one object to that date