Thread: dash guages and headlights not working

Default dash guages and headlights not working

ok... Battery died a couple of weeks ago. After recharging, the following is happening.

1. I have no headlights, low or high beam. All other lights are working

2. All the dash gauge lights are working, but I have no coolant, fuel, speed or tach readings.. these are dead.

Everything else on the car is running just fine. I've checked all the fuses and everything looks good.

Is there anything anyone could advise on how to fix this.. or ideas on what to chase down to troubleshoot?

Much appreciated

According to the manual, your gauge problem may be the connector identified as INT14C. Here are the signals that pass through 14C:

INT14C
    ILLUMINATION
    GREY
    FUSE 1
    TACHOMETER
    BLACK/GREEN
    RR03 PIN 3
    FUEL LEVEL
    WHITE/GREEN
    RR09 PIN 1
    IGNITION SUPPLY
    BLACK
    FUSE 9
    NOT USED
    SPEED SIGNAL
    RED/BLACK
    RR13 PIN 2
    COOLANT TEMPERATURE
    BROWN/BLUE
    RR03 PIN 1
    EARTH
    BROWN
    SPLICED TO INT15B PIN 2

The harness diagram makes it look like 14C is near the steering column, but that's just a guess on my part. The pic below, taken from the manual, is for RHD cars. You need to flip left and right.

If you're sure your light problem is not a fuse, open the clam and check the connectors near clam pivots (FT01 and FT02 in the harness pic above). They are Deutsch connectors that carry all the front lighting signals. Another possibility according to the manual is "relay C" in the passenger side foot well.

Last edited by NobleM400; 12-21-2017 at 07:29 PM. Reason: pic of relay locations
    -------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org

Much appreciated Jeff. I’ll start backwards, recheck all fuses. Then start working forward from there. Thanks for the advice on the relay as well.

Every thing worked fine until it didn’t. Assuming possibly startup while the charger was still on the battery could have caused a relay to fry?

Did you get this figured out? Please let the rest of us know, if so. Thanks!