Thread: New "egg crate" rear grill, not sure I like it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New "egg crate" rear grill, not sure I like it

I spent *way* too much time making a 1" by 1" egg crate style grill out of thin aluminum strips. The idea was to emphasize the lowness and the width of the Noble by using a styling element lifted from the Testarossa. The horizontal strips are clear anodized (natural aluminum color) and the verticals are black. The vertical strips are about half as deep as the horizontals.

What I did not do is to design a curve in the grill when viewed from directly above. It's as flat as calm water. I think that's why I don't like it. A curved surface would have been much harder to make. This one was easy, although very tedious.

So now I have to decide if I want to make some discreet holes to mount it, or go back to the drawing board.
    -------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org

2. Default

as much as I LOVE how much air that would let out, it just looks exactly wrong.

I am not sure why, but it reminds me of the front on a police crown vic.

Back to the drawing board does not look right

I can possibly help look at the one i made for the front of the Rossion I can 3D print in P12 with nylon very strong
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Not sure why, but I kinda like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDown View Post
    Not sure why, but I kinda like it.
    Hmm, agree as well. It has a tough look to it; kinda like it means business.