Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Bearing Update

Default Wheel Bearing Update

I am redesign the uprights to accept bolt on hub bearing assembly to resolve the problem with the bearings going out regularly and the hubs not being available any longer for the Noble and Rossions.

This new design will fit both the Noble and the Rossions.

The dilemma is do I design it to use the current rotors the are Noble Rossion use. Which is only used for the Noble And the Rossion or do I use the C7 Corvette that we can get of the shelf at an parts store. I will design it to continue to use the Noble Rossion Ap calipers.

It will also be upgradable to 6 piston Ap calipers in the front and or rear
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Default

Question.

Double checking.
    If you go with the C7 setup, this implies the C7 wheel bolt pattern also?

If that is the case, it is an expensive no-brainier
    The total price will be a bit pricey but MUCH cheaper than if you replaced all the same parts, keeping the Noble/Rossion, with the added benefit of GM, not Noble, availability.

The idea is that how would be able to run all the C7 Corvette hubs/bearing, Rotors including the aftermarket of the shelf ones, rear brakes also

Drive shafts would also have to be replaced.

you would have to upgrade the wheels to 5 on 4.75 bolt pattern but would still have to be a custom offset.

It success for me since i make custom brakes already but i am also tired of replacing bearings.

In the short run it would be and expensive proposition but it would make the car much more reliable.
    Last edited by gafernandez; 01-14-2018 at 02:01 PM.

I don't really see anything wrong with going completely C7. Sure the initial price would be steep but it solves a big problem with the car in my mind. Go for it!

I will continue

Same with cooch8c; I have zero problems with Corvette C7 parts out of sheer virtue it means I can readily find parts for a Corvette versus trying to explain what in God's name this thing is to people. So far "You ever seen a Fiero or a Lotus? Same concept, except with your mother's '99 Ford Taurus engine."

I am going to keep the Cp6600 calipers they seam to work well

First prototype front spindles in place should be available in 8 weeks.

approximate price $1250 for the pair that is for the aluminum part and duct only. There are to many options on Hubs and rotors available to price them complete.

For example hub bearings run from $82 to $300 and rotors range from $72 to $675 these are all each numbers

any one interested pm me
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gafernandez; 01-17-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Am I seeing that right... there's a built in brake duct into this spindle? That. Is. Awesome.

Wonder what the smallest diameter wheel will fit -- hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by gafernandez View Post
    The idea is that how would be able to run all the C7 Corvette hubs/bearing, Rotors including the aftermarket of the shelf ones, rear brakes also

Drive shafts would also have to be replaced.

you would have to upgrade the wheels to 5 on 4.75 bolt pattern but would still have to be a custom offset.

It success for me since i make custom brakes already but i am also tired of replacing bearings.

In the short run it would be and expensive proposition but it would make the car much more reliable.
    how often do they go out, and how do you tell (other than an extreme obvious tracking issue or sounds over potholes, etc. etc.)?