Thread: Question on upgrading shocks / springs

Default Question on upgrading shocks / springs

I am considering upgrading my shocks and springs.
    I am hoping people could provide some input on different options on shocks and also on what springs they thought worked out best.
    The car is driven 80/20 - street/track and track.

2. Default

Like you my Noble is 80% street use. I had severe snap oversteer with auto crossing with the stock suspension. I opted for a double adjustable JRZPRO with stock spring rates 250-60-120 rear and 180-60-110 front. I absolutely love them. Very comfortable street drive, and extremely controlled on the track with zero snap oversteer. No body roll with no sway bars. Here are some PDFs of my setup . I have a 2003 Noble M12 GTO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Let me check what kind of price i can get from them. They have been talking to me about becoming a dealer for them. Seam like a very competent group.

4. Default

having done this, sharing knowledge from other forums

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...f=26&t=1620148

I am running Tux_Mans Protech shocks. Bang for the buck I love them, but I love tinkering.

I suspect there are better setups out there, but I know there are worse setups out there.

Nitron shocks. R1s are simple for what you are doing. R3 if you want more user adjustability...

if if you are 80/20. I’d go R1s

For the front and rear springs what rating do you believe are appropriate?
    I have heard 400 to 600 lb for the front and 700 to 900 lbs in the rear

7. Default

Depends on you, or your passenger, your driving style, the quality of roads you drive on 80% of the time, your competitiveness that other 20%...

Factory specs are

M12 F=425 R=575
    M400/Rossion F=571 R=685
    Protech (Tuxman setup) M12 F=450 R=600 Double Adjustable Shocks.

I use my car on the street 95%+ of the time. (one or two open track days a year with the mantra "Drive the car home!")
    I am running 550 F and 700 R.

On the street it is firm. On the cement roads, the kind that are poured in sections, it gets purposing enough that drinking a beverage is a challenge. Regular asphalt roads with pot holes (classical for Denver), is firm, but acceptable. Still playing with the shock adjustments, I suspect there are better settings. the fun is in finding out.

On the track the car is (finally) stable, predictable (and according to people with MUCH more talent than me) fabulously capable!