Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the trigger on chassis 68 here in Cali

Default Pulled the trigger on chassis 68 here in Cali

Hello everyone.

I bought chassis 68 from forum member whw7. I drove it home to the SF bay area from LA without too much problem. The ac stopped working and the car likes to stall during tight maneuvers. Hoover told me the stalling problem will be fixed with his reflash. He is also installing track axles, a European style intake, new pads, and fresh cup 2 tires.

I am very excited to own such a machine. I have only known there were nobles available in this country for 2 weeks now. I am a huge track enthusiast. The more I read about the car and researched the company, the more I liked. I have been dealing with smog literally since modifying my first car. I am so happy to have a smog exempt vehicle that isn't previous to 75 in model year.

Plans include letting Matt Farah (the smoking tire) review it next month. It being shipped out to a private track day at inde and driving it on the AD05 rally.

I am a huge car nerd and want to tumble down the noble rabbit hole, no matter how deep. Where are the events / other owners at? Is this the most happening forums for noble owners?

Attempting to post pictures for the first time. I hope it works.

Thanks,
    John Spoerl

Welcome to the Bay Area Nobility, John! I've had my Noble in Pleasanton for almost 8 years. It was my daily driver for a couple of years and has failed on me only twice, once with a blown electric water pump fuse and the other was a failed aftermarket fuel pump. I don't think there is a better smiles per dollar car out there.

Community-wise, this place is not nearly as active as it was when I joined more than 8 years ago. I guess people are migrating to Sellmydatabook, which is not a suitable forum for technical discussions IMO. Single topic threads organized by category makes much more sense to me.

Is Matt gonna fit in a Noble?
    -------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org

3. Default

Congratulations! You are about to have fun.

I am curious about the "a European style intake".
    Please post pictures of this when done.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by doug_porsche View Post
    I am curious about the "a European style intake".
    Well, AFAIK our ST220 intake was not used on any American car, so maybe that makes it European?
    -------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org

Welcome to the forum/owner club!

I'm in Bay Area as well. I'm trying to track my Rossion as much as I can so I hope to see you at Laguna/Thunderhill/Sonoma soon!

My air filters are all the way back by the intercooler with long runners to the intake manifold. It was my understanding that the European cars grabbed air from the sealed compartments above and behind the door. Seems like a better place to grab cold air from.

For serious track work, do you guys recommend an oil cooler? What about a different catch can.

Please forgive my ignorance. I am so new to the noble universe, but look forward to tumbling down the rabbit hole.

I will be at Laguna Seca Tuesday and T-hill Friday in my corvette. Can't wait to have the noble on track!!! But I decided I need an ASM belt before ai even shake it down.

I’m heading to Laguna on Tuesday as well. See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by theplatinumog View Post
    For serious track work, do you guys recommend an oil cooler?
    Oil coolers are usually a good thing, except for the lower oil pressure.

I believe all nobles have oil coolers. Based on research, the M400s were all suppose to have two... one in the nose and one in the side pod on the right side. YMMV.

I need to get to Laguna again, but these 90db and 92db days can kick rocks.

FYI, M12s did not have an air/oil cooler. The cooler you see in the nose (in both M12 and M400 cars) is for the power steering fluid only.
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    FYI, M12s did not have an air/oil cooler. The cooler you see in the nose (in both M12 and M400 cars) is for the power steering fluid only.
    I stand corrected, I guess the M12s didn't get an oil cooler in the front.

My M400 had two oil coolers, one in the nose, one in the side pod -- which I thought was standard affair.