Thread: Loose white connector end, above battery, compressor mod?

Default Loose white connector end, above battery, compressor mod?

Last year, I got the AC to work. Then, it stopped working 3 weeks later (the compressor stopped activating). Today, I was fiddling around in there, and found this loose white wire connector (above the battery and below the compressor). Feeling around under the compressor, I found the other end that plugs into this. I am inclined to reconnect them, but not sure what exactly this does because I have read on this forum, there is a mod to bypass the AC cut-off under hard acceleration in these cars. I am not sure the previous owner had this mod done. Any thoughts/suggestions, anyone? Much thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Last year, I got the AC to work. Then, it stopped working 3 weeks later (the compressor stopped activating). Today, I was fiddling around in there, and found this loose white wire connector (above the battery and below the compressor). Feeling around under the compressor, I found the other end that plugs into this. I am inclined to reconnect them, but not sure what exactly this does because I have read on this forum, there is a mod to bypass the AC cut-off under hard acceleration in these cars. I am not sure the previous owner had this mod done. Any thoughts/suggestions, anyone? Much thanks!
    Mine is hooked up - red to white and the compressor does engage - i just have a leak elsewhere (just read this after starting another thread). Why not measure the voltage on the white wire in both on and off modes for AC, then you'll know for sure (as i'm betting not every car is identical!)?