Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am going to try to make this YouTube thing happen

Quote Originally Posted by theplatinumog View Post
    It can't survive a track day yet. + the clutch is making noise on the dyno. So fixing that and an oil leak too.

So I have nothing to drive this weekend. I have missed 8 track days since my Vette went down.
    If you don't want to miss a years worth of track days, do the oil pan and clutch yourself. It'll teach you a lot about the car, it'll save you thousands of dollars, and you can enjoy it sooner.
    The clutch may require the drivetrain to be pulled, but it's not difficult. If you have the chassis mod for the gearbox done, then you can pull the transmission without yanking the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    If you don't want to miss a years worth of track days, do the oil pan and clutch yourself. It'll teach you a lot about the car, it'll save you thousands of dollars, and you can enjoy it sooner.
    The clutch may require the drivetrain to be pulled, but it's not difficult. If you have the chassis mod for the gearbox done, then you can pull the transmission without yanking the motor.
    Good suggestion. Unfortunately, the chasis mod has not been done and is happening this time.