Thread: Water temp sensor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Water temp sensor

A couple years ago I converted to the Rossion harness and the Ford ECU. One notable difference was that the Ford has a second water temp sensor plug for the dash gauge as most cars do, vs the single sensor for both ECU and dash that the MBE unit had.

I recently purchased a 1/8Ē npt sensor that mimics the same voltage or resistance for what the gauge expects, but Iím not sure where is the best place to install it. I know the stock temp sensor is on the driver side of the motor, looks like right where the tstat housing would be. Right above that there is a rubber hose that has a couple outlets, and I believe the top one connects to about a 8-10Ē section of hard pipe. My question is if this would be a good spot to mount the sensor?

I donít really know how the stock water lines are setup, so I donít want it sitting in a pipe that doesnít have much flow, like if it was going to the heater core for cabin temp. And preferably I would want the temp sensor on the hot side of the radiator, not on the Ďcoldí return, just to be on the safe side I guess.

Where would you install another water temp sensor in the engine bay if you had to?

I believe it goes in the top aluminum pipe at the rear of the motor right behind the water pump pulley. Keep in mind that it is not grounded due to the rubber hoses
    Last edited by cooch8c; 06-23-2018 at 04:59 PM.