Thread: Finally own a beatiful, 2012, red Rossion Q1 (#70)

Default Finally own a beatiful, 2012, red Rossion Q1 (#70)

The lust began years ago when I saw an article on two models of Noble in an auto mag. When Rossions came along I did some research and then began saving for a used one. Almost bought the red RP120 (Q1R) last year as I was drawn to the light weight and efficient ECO Boost engine. But decided to pass as getting it registered for the street just seemed too big a gamble to take. Then discovered this beautiful red 2012 Q1 with less than 13k miles on it, up near Chicago. It was previously one of Ion Grunes personal cars and Spitfun here was one of the previous owners who made some improvements on it. You can see several pictures of the car and a list of accessaries and development here: http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...hlight=spitfun If you click on the first photo several more will appear. I think there were 2 other owners, unless Ion sold the car to Spitfun in Aug of 2017. The last owner is rumored to be in the Middle East for the time being.

I had the dealer video a compression test and 5 cylinders were between 147 and 152 psi with the outlier coming in at 138 psi with a cold test.
    If you know of any more of the history of this car or of things it needs in order to be more reliable, and efficient, or handle even betrter, please let me know. The car will eventually wind up in Brevard County Florida. Also where is the nearest tuner located? The car will be 95% street and 5% track.

Thanks, Jim Name:  IMAG0174 (1).jpg
Views: 211
Size:  335.6 KB

Congrats, enjoy the new car!

Wow! Stunning.

Very nice!

Thanks, have come across your posts from time to time and always found them informative and helpful, esrandl
    Last edited by JimQ1#70; 06-29-2018 at 06:31 PM. Reason: add info

Spitfun bought the car Aug of 2014 and put it up for sale shortly after that. I think it sold on Dec 2014 to a guy in
    Illinois.
    Congrats and enjoy. Troy does the Nobles in Tallahassee. Not sure if he does the Rossion. Maybe someone will chime in on that
    Last edited by cooch8c; 06-30-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Thanks for the info on the car and on Troy. And thanks to everyone else on the compliments. My understanding is that this was not the only q1 that Ion owned. A person or two thinks they saw it in some of the earlier promotions. It would have been minus the racing stripes as Spitfun added those.

I do the Rossion tuning but Troy can do everything else but i think he is staying out of the Rossion and Noble these days. Pretty much just tuning on Nobles