Thread: Radiator fluid leak by radiator

Default Radiator fluid leak by radiator

Smelled radiator fluid, no engine leaks. Hoovers silver overflow tank was real low so filled it up with water. Opened front clam and since all tubing come from radiator is on the right side, checked floor and saw fluid sitting on just the very right side. Dried it up and vacuumed all the little pebbles. Let engine idle for 45 minutes and finally saw a little fluid seeping. There is a thick black foam piece that sits on the floor under the radiator that is probably soaking most of the fluid up. Didn't see any leaks on piping or on as much of the radiator I could check. Those fans really blow when they turn on. I guess I've got take the fans and shroud off and bunch of other crap to look for the leak. Any ideas or thoughts, anyone else have this happen. What a PITA, thanks.

Ken
    Last edited by ken7258; 09-03-2018 at 06:24 PM.

After doing a thread search, it looks like Ron Davis has a direct replacement with a better then stock radiator. What have others used or is this the best replacement if a new one is needed which is probably the case.

Thanks

Southwest Lotus has them for 395 pounds and Pro Alloy has them for 495 pounds. Pro Alloy says theirs's is an upgraded 50 mm thick one. Both are out of the UK.

Thanks for doing the research! Do you track your car?

It's a pain to get to the radiator... so good luck with that. I ended up drilled out rivets on the belly pan and installed rivnuts/nutserts, made it MUCH easier to access everything and made the front end actually serviceable.

Check with Willy. I got a stock replacement from him. He might have another.

Thanks for the responses.

Yes I do track my car. I have no idea why they didn't allow removal of the belly pan like you can in the rear. Just another 100 bolts to remove. I will check with Willy once I find the leak.

My Ron Davis started leaking this spring. I had it repaired but I think the leak has returned
    Will probably replace it this winter. Another fun 3 hours I can look forward to.

Well, I don't think I'll buy one of those. I hope when I get into it, it's a hose and not the radiator itself . . .wishful thinking on my part.

I have radiators in stock

Quote Originally Posted by ken7258 View Post
    After doing a thread search, it looks like Ron Davis has a direct replacement with a better then stock radiator. What have others used or is this the best replacement if a new one is needed which is probably the case.

Thanks
    I have the Ron Davis part. It's only a nudge thicker than stock, so it's not worth much of a price premium.
    -------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org