Thread: Update Bearings, calipers, and rotors

Default Update Bearings, calipers, and rotors

I am tired of how difficult the bearings are to replace on our cars and unreliable. In the process of fixing the bearing issue I also incorporated off the shelf low cost calipers and rotors, oh and a e-brake that works.

I used all C7 Z51 Corvette of the shelf parts Front rotors are $85 rear rotors $53 which the factory calls the heavy duty rotors, and caliper are $350 for front $260 rear brand new

The bearing is replaced by removing remove the wheel, caliper, rotor, and the three bolts that bolt the bearing in place. The you reverse the procedure. Pretty sure GM designed to go 100,000 mile

Here are the cad models, SLS 3D printed parts next week and then we go maching after fit up

Oh and all 4 wheels have speed sensors

The first 3 are the rears spindle and the next 4 are the front spindle

also incorporated 6 deg of camber and air ducts
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by gafernandez; 09-11-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Are different CV axles required? Cause these days, I'm looking to reduce the number of odd ball parts.

Yes, sorry forgot that.
    the drive shaft shop can make the MMT6 to corvette adapter CV axle in a day usually and it comes with a life time warranty. I will get a price from them and turn around time.

My goal is to make a car that goes 100,000 miles with no trouble

Will,
    When will these they be available for sale? I'm changing gear boxes and will have to make new axles anyway. So now is a good time for me to upgrade

I am targeting 90 days to give me a little testing time. should be in the machine shop in 2 weeks so about 6 weeks after that i should have parts

Looks like they will be in the $650 each

Give me a call and we can discuss