Thread: Rossion HVAC lights too bright

Default Rossion HVAC lights too bright

So, not super exciting.. but I am commonly annoyed by the HVAC lights being too bright at night.

I recently got a new stereo head unit (Pioneer AVH 2400- which I would highly recommend incidentally) and I had the radio bezel plate off and had a chance to sort it out. Here's what I found:

The four non dial buttons (a/c, recirc, hazard, defrost) have a bright LED light under the button. As near as I can tell, these are not easy to change out and aren't dimmable. However, placing a small piece of opaque paper or similar between LED and see through button should decrease light intensity.

To get buttons off:
    1) Loosen bezel by removing the four 3mm hex screws
    2) Gently pry out bezel from top. Place something protective like a piece of tape or a towel along shifter bezel so it doesn't get scratched.
    3) It's tight, but the radio bezel will pull forward from top and you need to pull off the 'start' button harness. Pull it over lip of shifter bezel and it will be free. Rotate bezel off to passenger side.
    4) There are threaded collars around the push button switches. Unscrew them back and the switch buttons will advance out. See various pix attached.
    5) Gently pull off swith buttons (I was able to do it with just fingers)
    6) Cover LED with something opaque. I used an address label that I punched holes in and used the sticky side on LED. I used one layer of white label. It is still fairly bright but much better. If I have to take bezel off again, I may put a second thickness
    7) Reinstall in reverse. Note: there is a very fine slot in the button, it will only fit when correctly rotated. It snaps back in place.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I add small voltage regulators to mine and dim them

How do you do this? Can you do a write up. Is this something adjustable?