Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Annual Track Day?

Default 2019 Annual Track Day?

Are we doing it? Same place/same approx date? I can help organize and plan if needed, just tell me what to do. I have much more free time this year than last to help with planning

2. Default

Im in. Let's do this again. Let's look at our schedule and start narrowing down the dates. I will be able to reach out to the Charlotte attendees from the past. Would be great if you could do the planning/booking etc though. Happy to help.

Excellent! I'm in!!

Does anyone know the minimum age for a passenger on track day?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterisgreat View Post
    Does anyone know the minimum age for a passenger on track day?
    I doubt you will find some kind of "standard" that applies to every track day. Both the event organizer and the track venue management will have a say in setting a minimum age for ride-alongs. Just guessing, but that maybe somewhere in the range of 16 to 18.
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

do they even allow passengers? every track event I have been part of only allowed drivers to take other drivers...... But it would be awesome if I could take the wife along!

7. Default

At our private track days, passengers are allowed. The track makes us buy liability insurance so we would have to check with them about minimum ages. We are very laid back at our events as it is 90% social and fun, and 10% seriously pushing the cars to the max. Everyone wants to drive their cars home at the end of the day. The main things we stress is safety and point buy passing in straight aways.

awesome! I plan on attending this year and getting to meet some fellow owners!

I'm in, I need a car though...

Rival, it may be confusing to members to see the same car as our avatar. I can't make myself change it yet! It does hurt to see the words "former owner" under it...
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

Surprised not to see Willy chime in. Willy, you feeling ok? You haven't moved on to Mopar have you!?
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.