Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Annual Track Day?

I saw the skid pad of to one side, i thought turns 5, 6, and 7 were the skid pad

Fire drill was turn 14

so what kind of times do nobles put down at CMP? I know it will vary on setup, just looking for a general range (I.E. 1:42-1:50)

3. Default

Don't remember exactly. Most of us at the annual track day are not driving 10/10s and we are on street tires. From what I remember, mid to upper 1:40s. Im sure low 1:40s is possible with these cars however.

IIRC 1:43 was a fast time for the group. I think there were a few 1:40's... but kinda depends on track condition and can be just luck if you get a clean lap depending on traffic.

nice! those are good times for that track. the last Time attack event I did there a 1:43 would have won the day. the fast time that day was a viper acr on race tires, he ran a 1:45. good to know we are a fair bit ahead of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Rival View Post
    nice! those are good times for that track. the last Time attack event I did there a 1:43 would have won the day. the fast time that day was a viper acr on race tires, he ran a 1:45. good to know we are a fair bit ahead of that!
    Just looked up the lap records. The overall production car record is a viper acr at 1:37:04 https://thenewswheel.com/the-dodge-v...orsports-park/

I think I've run a 1:43 and looked up the lap records when I did it to see where I fell out. I remember looking up the NASA records and was suprised to find I beat the S2000 TCC record which is 1:44, so I think my memory is correct. I was running toyo RA1's, checked and adjusted tire pressures with a pyrometer during lapping and did a ton of laps to get the course nailed. Running aggressive pads too. Probably way more that someone who did did time attack or SCCA Solo I or similar. There was a Noble that was seriously worked on, had a 4 cyl and I think was out of a shop in NC that I believe was running 1:40 or 1:41's. We ran hard a few times and he could blow me away on both straights and in turns. I suspect his car was really light. Can't remember who it was.

This year I am running garbage tires and I just broke my clavicle 4 weeks ago.. so that's my excuse, ha, ha! Me and Steve F (Shelby GT350R from prior event) are trying to bring a S2000 that we are hoping to run One Lap in next year to get some seat time so I may just casually drive the Rossion and see if I can drive the S2000 hard. The S2000 is having some issues, so we'll see if it makes it. Also need to see how shoulder holds up..

1:43 is a very respectable time. couldn't imagine a 1:37... How are we looking on numbers for this event? are we going to make it?

Still short on participant, if you know anyone we need more

ok I will start asking around.

so if I want to drive two cars, is that an option, I would like to bring my noble as well as my talon Time attack car. if so would I need to pay the 350 per vehicle or is it per driver?