Thread: New A Arm Bushing Design

Default New A Arm Bushing Design

For the track guys this will make a huge difference in handling and responsiveness for the street guys it does improve handling but does not make the ride any harsher and more importantly these are Teflon coated so they are not noisy

If you ever wondered why the race drivers are twiching to go around corners is because there suspension is so much tighter and more responsive so they can make constant minor correction.

Just waiting on the bearings to arrive to be able to start shipping

Made 10 sets for this initial batch have 7 already sold and offering the other three sets for a great deal of $595.0 for early adopters the after the 10 sets are gone they will go up to $675.00

This is 20 assemblies which is one complete cars suspension and the installation toll

The first photo is the finished product
    Second photo is showing the misalignment ability of the bearing
    Third photo is the cad depiction of the bearing assembly in the a arm
    Forth photo is a cut away close up of the bearing assembly

One of the more interesting features is the O rings to prevent dust from getting in
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. Default

Well, this should make 10 people VERY happy.

You will be amazed at how eager the car is to change direction with upgraded bushings.

Did you get the bushing extraction tool designed?
    Extracting the old bushings is the most unpleasant part of the afternoon job.

Put me down for a set, please, thanks.

Yes, there is an extractor tool and install tool available

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gafernandez View Post
    Yes, there is an extractor tool and install tool available
    To the people who are going to do this project...
    Trust me, dont know what he is charging for the extractor tool, but I recommend it.

If you use the search function, I wrote up how you can remove the old bushings with two sockets and a grade 8th bolt.

but dont go into this project thinking; Do I really need the tool? You do.
    I tried multiple presses, and they were just too difficult to configure. Get the dang tool.

Looking forward to hearing reports on how these work!

Looks interesting!
    What are bushings made of?

They are Spherical Bearings make of steel for this purpose. The black pieces are steel spacers

Have a question on the tools for the install.
    Found that there is to much variation in the A-Arms to just press the bushing in and hope it works. So are perfect and some are way to small. So i have developed a complete tool kit to take the old bushing out, size the hole, and install the new bushing

I will have three options:
    1) rent the tools and the reamer for up to one month for $350 deposit when returned you get $250 back
    2) buy the tools $110 and rent the reamer for up to one for $240 deposit when returned you get $165 back
    3) buy the tools and the reamer $350

So the question is what does every one prefer. just post your preference so i can get an idea of how many tools to make

9. Default

So your bushings are just pressed in, no c-clips or mechanical fastener?

Do you recommend something like locktite red or something (belt and suspenders)?

When I did my bushings, I didnt research the spherical bearing much, because I didnt know how/if I needed to secure the bearing.

The bushings are capured is captures by the spaces so the press is only to prevent lateral movement. The loads in that direction are very low to none. Yes part of the procedure will be Locktite.

Just to give you an idea .002 press requires almost 1 ton to press bushings in.