Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gauge panel removal and center console wiring

So I am guessing this is not easy to access? I would have to have the car on a lift and access the tunnel from below. Or is there an easier way?

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogwv1 View Post
    So I am guessing this is not easy to access? I would have to have the car on a lift and access the tunnel from below. Or is there an easier way?
    You'll want to access the tunnel from below. It's not fun the first time. Tons of rivets to drill out and, if memory serves (this was 7 years ago), the belly pan is stuck to the frame with a sturdy sealant. I recall laying on my back under the car and using a hammer and a putty scraper to slice through the sealant.

FWIW, I cut the belly pan so I could remove just the bits that close off the tunnel.

-------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org

To get to the heater valve on a Noble, you have to come up from below the car. No need to drill any rivets or remove the floor pan. Just unscrew the forward vent panel and reach inside. It’s easier if the car is up on a lift, but it can be done with the car on jack stands.

btw, you guys do realize that the gauge panel, hvac controls, and center console are very different between a Noble and a Rossion, don’t you? I think the OP has a Rossion - the electrical schematics are really not applicable to the Nobles...just like all the posts about removing the center console panel have nothing at all to do with the Rossion...

Awesome thanks for the info. This helps out a lot now I just gotta find someone to let me use a lift.

A floor jack and 4 jack stands are enough. Scroll up to the pic of the bottom of my car and you'll see how much room there is. I use the rear jacking point to raise first one side of the car, then the other.

Yeah, a lift is nice, but not essential.
    -------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org