Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gauge panel removal and center console wiring

Default Gauge panel removal and center console wiring

How does one remove the gauge panel? And does anyone have the wiring schematics for the controls on the aluminum center plate? Thanks!

2. Default

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthrea...-of-the-gauges

I think he said it best

Quote Originally Posted by NobleM400 View Post
    All you need is 3 foot long, triple-jointed arms, eyes and lights embedded in your hands, and more patience than anybody I know. There are those on the forum who claim to have gotten to the nuts that hold the trim panel on, but I think they really used a very small trained monkey.

When I had my floor off, I stuck my head and torso up through the place where the driver's feet usually are, and stuck my arm as far is it would go into the recess where those gauges live. I think I maybe touched one or two of the nuts back there.

There is a thread here that talks about removing the panel, complete with pics (taken by the monkey, no doubt) showing where the retaining nuts are. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit - Here are the pics

I didn't take these (not being a trained money ), so I can't comment on them.

Jeff

Looks like the links to the dash pics are broken. I put them on my site.

The only way I can imagine accomplishing this is with a socket on a long extension that you manipulate by sound and feel. Or maybe borrow a colonoscopy camera?

-------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org

Hunter i have the wiring schematic and know how to get the center dash a part

Must the center consul come out to repair the speed control to the fan motor for the AC/Heater?

Following. Need to replace my gauge lights and my a/c controls. The hot and cold dial will not turn in any direction. Anyone know where 1 can be purchased or had this same problem?

I as well am having the same issue with the hot and cold dial, wont move at all, stuck on AC.

Can you send me the wiring schematics please?

Glad to see someone else from SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogwv1 View Post
    Following. Need to replace my gauge lights and my a/c controls. The hot and cold dial will not turn in any direction. Anyone know where 1 can be purchased or had this same problem?
    Your problem may be the valve in the tunnel rather than the control knob. Here is a shot of the valve (in the middle of the pic). You are looking towards the front of the car. The control cable jacket is the little yellow bit. The other end of the cable connects to the temp control knob. You can also see the insulation I used to line the tunnel walls and ceiling.

-------------------------
    Jeff
    Noble parts for sale, see my Noble website: http://Noblecars.org