Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gauge panel removal and center console wiring

Can you 3D print the plastic piece?

Thanks, Jack.The finditparts site says that I am blocked..any ideas on ordering the part? How about the Chinese part?
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Gen2rt View Post
    im replacing the heater control valve on my Rossion. The main body of the valve is the same part for noble and Rossion, just the mounting bracket is different to allow the noble setup to be cable Operated, the Rossion has an electronic solenoid to operate the valve.

you have to drill or grind two rivets to get the old valve out. NOW, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ROSSION OWNERS. The plastic part on the solenoid that operates the valve has the melting point of candle wax.
    How do I know? When drilling the rivets, the bit got very hot, heat transferred through the mounting bracket to the little plastic piece which melted and fell on my hand (oooh, my hand is on fire), so now I have to figure something out for that too. Save yourself some heartache and be very careful how you get the rivets out.

regardng the replacement part for the valve, the link from driven looks correct. I ended up ordering one from south west lotus center, cost was $90. I also found one online from China for $20, they both ended up being the same part. Which I probably won’t use anyway, since thinking of going with a thermotion control valve which is plastic and won’t corrode.

jack
    Can you do a Rossion specific write up with pics when you get done and name it some thing searchable. Will help all later!

Michael, I pm’d you.
    Esrandi, yes, I’ll start a new thread titled heater valve replacement in the Rossion forum after I work through it.

jack

Thank you, Sir.

Is this an M 12, M400 or what? thank you

Hi: Am I right to assume that the only way to get into the tunnel to work on the heater control valve and HVAC controls is to work from under the car, remove the bottom panel, carpet and seat? thanks in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by mshader View Post
    Hi: Am I right to assume that the only way to get into the tunnel to work on the heater control valve and HVAC controls is to work from under the car, remove the bottom panel, carpet and seat? thanks in advance for your help
    You have two options, if a Noble (Rossions may be different)

Under the car:
    1. Raise the car.
    2. Remove the panel under the center of the car. Should be held in by screws.
    3. Push the hoses aside in the tunnel so you can reach into the tunnel to access the heater valve.
    4. Remove as necessary.
    Note: it's incredibly small, little space to work in, and it seems like everything is in the way. Mind you, you have AC lines, main radiator lines, heater lines, oil lines, shifter assembly, and the wiring harness all in the same space.

Inside the car:
    1. Remove dash (painful)
    2. Remove arm rest and shifter surround
    3. Remove shifter assembly
    4. You can now barely reach the heater valve.

No seats or carpets need to be removed. Although the seats are very easy to remove.