Thread: Wiring help

Default Wiring help

Hey Guys,

I am trying to help out a local Noble owner here who had an engine bay fire. The car is pretty close to running again, but I need some guidance on a couple of items. Any help would be awesome!

1. There is a wire bundle that comes from the four fuses on the passenger side of the engine bay. The bundle opens up down near the battery and includes one heavy gauge red wire. Could someone look and see where that is suppose to be connected. According to the documentation it goes to the 80 amp fuse, however I canít find any lose wires or broken connections on the harness..

2. I have an issue with the starter kicking over. I am not seeing any voltage at the starter motor but I am seeing voltage going into the solenoid.. I am going to assume the solenoid is not functioning properly. I canít find any documentation on which of the trip wires go on which terminal. Could someone either post a photo of it or just send me the list?

It has been a few years since I owned a Noble and unfortunately don't have any of my documentation anymore..

Thanks,
    Ed

Best bet is to contact Troy Fralick at the Tallahassee Speed Shop. He is the guy who took care of my car when it had its issue with previous owner some years back and the work is top notch. No electrical issues and the car runs like a top. I realize he isn't all that close but he is worth a call or better yet send him an email with pictures.

3. Default

Ed

You may have a bad relay back into the engine compartment. Have you tried switching two of the relays?

I am assuming you have access to the wiring diagram available in the members section?

Recapping what it says

Black wire coming from the key/starter button going to the immobilizer relay.
    From the immobilizer relay the black wire should go to the center tunnel.
    In the tunnel the black wire magically turns into a black, with a yellow stripe
    The black/yellow wire goes to terminal 86 on Relay RR02 (I am assuming that RR02 is second from the left of the relays on the firewall behind the passenger (right side)
    Terminal 85 should be a black/white wire going to ground
    Terminal 3 should be a red wire coming from your 80A fuse and have a constant 12V
    Terminal 7 should be a black/yellow wire (same color, but twice the size) that goes to the starter.

So I would (being caption obvious here)
    Do you have 12v going to terminal 3?
    Do you have continuity between terminal 7 and the starter?
    Does terminal 85 go to ground?
    When you turn the key/press the starter button, do you see 12v on terminal 86?

Most like is you are not getting 12v to terminal 86.

@doug_porsche Thanks for confirming the correct wires to the connections.. This poor Noble apparently had a string of previous owners / garages that did some questionable modifications and tuning. One of the mods probably was the root cause of the engine bay fire.

I did check the relays and have some spares to swap around. Since I did the original post, I was able to get a copy of the wiring diagram and although it wasn't conclusive the CD of the car appears to have a photo of what I need.

When I see my friends Noble I miss having one... It is the unravelling of previous owners handy work that reminds me why I had to part with it...

Jimbo, had worked with Troy on my Noble for years... He is a great mechanic and did reach out to him..

Thanks,
    Ed

keep in mind
    there are 2 different kinds of relays
    1 digit part# difference
    you can have very strange and hard to decipher problems once anyone of them is swapped with the other
    did you get this one fixed yet?
    -Troy Fralick
    troy@nobleupgrades.com
    Tallahassee Speed Shop, Inc.
    5338 Gateway Drive
    Tallahassee, Fl 32303
    850-597-8919
    904-838-9150 cell
    And
    Remade by Hand, Inc.
    Porsche Restorations
    173 McCallister Rd